Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cannot access files in apache Post 302151682 by visitorQ on Monday 17th of December 2007 01:03:27 AM
Old 12-17-2007
cannot access files in apache

i've never had this happen before, but i cannot access files from the shell in my apache server but i can see them on my localhost and by typing in my ip address in the url i can access and view files. not through the shell tho....

Code:
kumi@throne:/var/www % ls -l templates/decorative 
total 0
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? templates/decorative/default.css
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? templates/decorative/images
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? templates/decorative/index.html
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? templates/decorative/license.txt

but when i type in http://my.ip.add.ress/templates/decorative i'm accessing these pages no problem. what's the deal????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't access apache

I have installed RedHat 9.0 and Apache. Everything works fine... I type http://localhost and the default webpage comes up... But when I go to another computer that is on the network and type http://10.10.1.38 (the computer) it comes up "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" I am logged in as the Root... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokermagic
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache restrict access with certificates

Hello! Does anyone know if it's possible to restrict access to apache webserver with certificates? What I want is that if a user has a certificate in his browser then he get's access, if not show error or another page. I would be very happy if someone knew! /D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote web server access (apache)

Hi, I have web server (apache) installed in server-1 and i want to view the web pages from diferent servers also while the web server is running only in one server ....(all the servers are connected to office LAN) right now all the servers have apache running......and CPU utilzation is at its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

5. Linux

Apache Server how to set password for all access?

Hello all, I am new to Linux and am trying to set a password for access to Apache server access. I have both Apache and Tomcat installed in my server, Apache forwards the requests to our Tomcat server which servers the java application we have. The Java application is not configured to ask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefox211
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Apache localhost-access.log

The localhost-access.log has a size 3gb. What can apache2 break log on the parts 300mb, or the other issue, make log every week and index it with prifix current date(localhost-access_date.log)? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

8. Linux

Restricting directory access in Apache server

Hi all, I have a web site that I'm serving on an Apache server, and it has a number of different folders, but I only want the user to be able to access certain ones -- the majority of them I don't want the user to access. I tried modifying my /etc/apache2/conf.d/security file to do this, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache Tomcat(403 Access Denied)

Good evening, i've got a problem. I fail to enter "Manager App" in Apache Tomcat/9.0.0.M9 on server, it says "403 Access Denied». for example, server address is 192.168.1.4, when I type 'localhost ' in the browser and press "Manager App", then everything is ok. but if I enter 192.168.1.4 and press... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: v.k.l.chr.by
0 Replies

10. Web Development

Apache website uri access

Hi i would like to grant access specific to one uri and rest of them should be denied. as follows: http://websitename/example user should be able to access htttp://websitename/other user should be denied (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghur77
1 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)