Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail to telnet localhost 106
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu fail to telnet localhost 106 Post 302151589 by reborg on Sunday 16th of December 2007 01:50:21 PM
Old 12-16-2007
If you are using netkit-inetd the you need to add:
Code:
poppassd stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/poppassd

to /etc/inetd.conf assuming you are actually using tcp wappers.

If you are using xinted, you don't add any configuration to xinetd.conf, you create a control file in /etc/xinetd.d (I think that is the correct directory, but since I don't have it I cannot check).

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Telnet fail

Hi, I try to telnet to server: # telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521 Trying xx.xxx.1.72... telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused iptables is off: # service iptables status Firewall is stopped. # And I have edit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet failed to localhost.

Hi, I am trying telnet to localhost 514. But the connection is refusing. Port does not appear in netstat. IP table service is also off. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
5 Replies
MLDONKEY_COMMAND(1)						  [FIXME: manual]					       MLDONKEY_COMMAND(1)

NAME
mldonkey_command - a wrapper to send command to a mlnet server. SYNOPSIS
mldonkey_command [-P port] [-h host] [-u user] [-p password] [-q] [-s] [-v] {"mlnet command"...} DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mldonkey_command command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program is Debian GNU/Linux specific. This program allow you to send command to a mlnet instance. The idea is to provide a simple script to do batch job with mlnet OPTIONS
-P Port of the telnet mldonkey server. By default 4000 -h Host of the telnet mldonkey server. By default localhost -u Username to use while connecting. By default admin -p Password to use while connecting. If none is specified, ask it on stdin -q Run without displaying command result -s Use stdin to enter command -v Display login information "mlnet commands" Any commands you can type in a telnet session connected to mlnet. Try "mldonkey_command longhelp" to see a complete listing. LICENSE
This manual page was originally written by Sylvain Le Gall gildor@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; considering as source code all the file that enable the production of this manpage. SEE ALSO
mlnet (1) AUTHORS
Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> Author. Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Sylvain Le Gall Copyright (C) 2009 Mehdi Dogguy [FIXME: source] Mar 14, 2009 MLDONKEY_COMMAND(1)