Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail to telnet localhost 106
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu fail to telnet localhost 106 Post 302151556 by satimis on Sunday 16th of December 2007 10:57:02 AM
Old 12-16-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
try reconfiguring the poppassd package
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure courierpassd

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure courierpassd
No response

satimis

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Telnet fail

Hi, I try to telnet to server: # telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521 Trying xx.xxx.1.72... telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused iptables is off: # service iptables status Firewall is stopped. # And I have edit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet failed to localhost.

Hi, I am trying telnet to localhost 514. But the connection is refusing. Port does not appear in netstat. IP table service is also off. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
5 Replies
VDETELWEB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETELWEB(1)

NAME
vdetelweb - Virtual Distributed Ethernet Telnet and/or Web management module SYNOPSIS
vdetelweb [ --web ] [ --telnet ] [ --nodename nodename ] [ --daemon ] [ --rcfile rcfile ] mgmt_socket DESCRIPTION
vdetelweb implements a tiny telnet server and/or a tiny web server for the remote management of a VDE2 switch. OPTIONS
-w, --web start the web server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -t, --telnet start the telnet server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -n, --nodename nodename specify the nodename as seen from remote connections (e.g. in the command prompt or in the web page title). uname nodename is used when this option is not specified. -d, --daemon run as a daemon, using syslog for logging. -f, --rcfile rcfile rc file to set the initial switch configuration. When not specified, vdetelweb searches for ~/.vde/vdetelwebrc and /etc/vde/vdetel- webrc. At leas one rc file must exist and be readable. -h, --help print help. please use it for a more complete list of options. mgmt_socket is the managemnt socket used to communicate with the vde_switch. (This option must match the path used in the -M option for the vde_switch). NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet June 16, 2008 VDETELWEB(1)