Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail to telnet localhost 106
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu fail to telnet localhost 106 Post 302151551 by reborg on Sunday 16th of December 2007 10:20:19 AM
Old 12-16-2007
It seems that you poppass daemon is not started, or not installed. Make sure that you have all the dependencies for the plugin installed, including the poppass(d) package for your underlying mail server.

For eample fout courier:

Code:
#apt-cache search courierpassd
courierpassd - Change courier user passwords using poppassd interface

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Telnet fail

Hi, I try to telnet to server: # telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521 Trying xx.xxx.1.72... telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused iptables is off: # service iptables status Firewall is stopped. # And I have edit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet failed to localhost.

Hi, I am trying telnet to localhost 514. But the connection is refusing. Port does not appear in netstat. IP table service is also off. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
5 Replies
MKPOP3DCERT(8)						      Double Precision, Inc.						    MKPOP3DCERT(8)

NAME
mkpop3dcert - create a test SSL certificate for POP3 over SSL SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkpop3dcert DESCRIPTION
POP3 over SSL requires a valid, signed, X.509 certificate. The default location for the certificate file is /usr/lib/courier/pop3d.pem. mkpop3dcert generates a self-signed X.509 certificate, mainly for testing. For production use the X.509 certificate must be signed by a recognized certificate authority, in order for mail clients to accept the certificate. /usr/lib/courier/pop3d.pem must be owned by the daemon user and have no group or world permissions. The mkpop3dcert command will enforce this. To prevent an unfortunate accident, mkpop3dcert will not work if /usr/lib/courier/pop3d.pem already exists. mkpop3dcert requires OpenSSL to be installed. FILES
/usr/lib/courier/pop3d.pem X.509 certificate. /etc/courier/pop3d.cnf Parameters used by OpenSSL to create the X.509 certificate. SEE ALSO
courier(8)[1] AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. courier(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/courier.html Courier Mail Server 04/04/2011 MKPOP3DCERT(8)