Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail to telnet localhost 106
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu fail to telnet localhost 106 Post 302151551 by reborg on Sunday 16th of December 2007 10:20:19 AM
Old 12-16-2007
It seems that you poppass daemon is not started, or not installed. Make sure that you have all the dependencies for the plugin installed, including the poppass(d) package for your underlying mail server.

For eample fout courier:

Code:
#apt-cache search courierpassd
courierpassd - Change courier user passwords using poppassd interface

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Telnet fail

Hi, I try to telnet to server: # telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521 Trying xx.xxx.1.72... telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused iptables is off: # service iptables status Firewall is stopped. # And I have edit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet failed to localhost.

Hi, I am trying telnet to localhost 514. But the connection is refusing. Port does not appear in netstat. IP table service is also off. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
5 Replies
ESMTPD(8)						      Double Precision, Inc.							 ESMTPD(8)

NAME
esmtpd - The Courier mail server mail server ESMTP daemon SYNOPSIS
esmtpd {start} esmtpd {stop} esmtpd {restart} esmtpd-msa {start} esmtpd-msa {stop} esmtpd-msa {restart} DESCRIPTION
The command "esmtpd start" runs couriertcpd in the background, listening on the SMTP port. couriertcpd will run courieresmtpd in response to connection requests. The command "esmtpd stop" stops the couriertcpd daemon, shutting down the ESMTP service. The command "esmtpd-msa start" starts the server on the message submission port, port 587. "esmtpd-msa stop" stops it. The difference between esmtpd and esmtpd-msa is that the latter is set up for additional processing as defined by RFC 2476 (mainly that the messages will have the Message-ID: and Date: headers added, by default). Normally, makesmtpaccess(8)[1] automatically runs "esmtpd restart", in order to reread the /etc/courier/smtpaccess.dat access file, so you don't have to do it manually, yourself. Similarly, makesmtpaccess-msa(8)[1] automatically runs esmtpd-msa restart FILES
/etc/courier/esmtpd This configuration file initializes various settings for courieresmtpd. /etc/courier/esmtpd-msa This configuration file initializes the settings for courieresmtpd when invoked by esmtpd-msa. Note that this file is used to override the settings /etc/courier/esmtpd. The command "esmtpd-msa start" first reads /etc/courier/esmtpd, then afterwards /etc/courier/esmtpd-msa. Any settings in esmtpd-msa override the corresponding settings in esmtpd SEE ALSO
couriertcpd(8)[2], makesmtpaccess(8)[1]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. makesmtpaccess(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/makesmtpaccess.html 2. couriertcpd(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/couriertcpd.html Courier Mail Server 08/30/2011 ESMTPD(8)