Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail to telnet localhost 106
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu fail to telnet localhost 106 Post 302151549 by satimis on Sunday 16th of December 2007 10:10:43 AM
Old 12-16-2007
fail to telnet localhost 106

Hi folks,

Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64

On running;

$ telnet localhost 106
Code:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

$ netstat -an | grep 106
$ sudo netstat -an | grep 106
both no printout

Pls advise where shall I check and how to fix the problem. TIA

P.S.
1)
confirmed with ISP port 106 is open

2)
I'm adding "change password" plugin on SquirrelMail. After installing poppassd on repo I tested it whether works according to /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/change_pass/INSTALL
Code:
Be sure to test and make certain your poppass daemon is working properly.
To test, try telneting into the daemon and changing a password:

$ telnet localhost 106
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 poppassd v1.8.1 hello, who are you?
user <username>
200 Your password please.
pass <oldpassword>
200 Your new password please.
newpass <newpassword>
200 Password changed, thank-you.
quit
200 Bye.
Connection closed by foreign host.

B.R.
satimis

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Telnet fail

Hi, I try to telnet to server: # telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521 Trying xx.xxx.1.72... telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused iptables is off: # service iptables status Firewall is stopped. # And I have edit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet failed to localhost.

Hi, I am trying telnet to localhost 514. But the connection is refusing. Port does not appear in netstat. IP table service is also off. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
5 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)