Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crazy mx record redirect
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crazy mx record redirect Post 302151352 by nbredthauer on Friday 14th of December 2007 04:32:51 PM
Old 12-14-2007
ran the dig

LOL I guess its kinda funny cause I used xyz to hide my domain, it is not my domain name, I didn't realize when I used it that it was a real one. I ran the dig as you suggested and came back with these results. I also have changed my IP addresses for display purposes. The red IP address is the actual one hat was returned.

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> @NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET xyz.org any
; (1 server found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 59460
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;xyz.org. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
xyz.org. 0 IN SOA 200.100.150.10. admin.xyz.org. 2005091029 10800 3600 604800 3600
xyz.org. 86400 IN NS ns1.xyz.org.
xyz.org. 86400 IN NS ns2.xyz.org.
xyz.org. 86400 IN MX 0 mail.xyz.org.
xyz.org. 86400 IN A 200.100.150.10

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
xyz.org. 86400 IN NS ns1.xyz.org.
xyz.org. 86400 IN NS ns2.xyz.org.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.xyz.org. 86400 IN A 200.100.150.10
ns2.xyz.org. 86400 IN A 64.50.17.195
mail.xyz.org. 86400 IN A 200.100.150.10

;; Query time: 331 msec
;; SERVER: 208.56.193.83#53(208.56.193.83)
;; WHEN: Fri Dec 14 11:11:34 2007
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 239

The record in red isn't the right one I don't want it to go there.
Also the IP address in red I have no idea who that belongs to or were it is. I think the red IP address is the one propagating 0.mail.xyz.org
If you think it would help to know the actual domain name let me know and we will figure something out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oh no!! crazy script

Hi Could be stupid, but I can figure out... I have a script that downloads a file from a http server ( virus definitions file ). The thing is that when I run it from the console (bash) works fine, but when I put it in the root's cron it doesn't, and it generates a core file. example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

going crazy with test???

oK, i know for sure that code = Y and var = N but no matter what this always prints ignore, never valid??????? if test "$code"="$var" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mich_elle00
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp going crazy

Dear Friends, I am having a crazy issue with ftp. I am doing 'mput' of 4 files (z1, z2, z3, z4) as below. But ftp transfers only every alternative file !! - ie; If I do mput z* for above, it sends only z1 and z3. Note that all the files are same and I tried this for several dummy files. All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdivu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pleas help..this is driving me crazy

Hi, I've created a script in csh that takes a file and checks it for mispelled words. Im almost done but I need to do two more things but I need help. First, when displaying an incorrect word to the user, I need to show the line of the input file that contains the word. Second,if the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hckygoli31
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

crazy dreams..

well, Wine is simply amazing.. I love it. the filesystems are great too -- never having to defragment, and not slowing down in time. I love the power of BASH. iptables.. but.. I had a vision. a crazy dream. what if, we could develop an installation system for Linux.. working pretty much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ialoq
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finger has gone crazy

Two things : On the first place i am really desperate, on the second i am about to throw my laptop away to the recycle bin in a while. Ok now that i expressed my feeling let me describe you this mad situation. Code: print $1; ("finger -m " $1 "| head -1") | getline userinfo print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
6 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Crazy Dots

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a script called DOTS that will display the horizontal or vertical number of dots if the first argument... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchelpmtl
3 Replies

8. Programming

I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help!

Hello people, as wrote in title I'm going crazy with a "complex" SQL select. This is the seelct: select T_ADDRESS, T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC, COUNT(*) FROM TABLETEST WHERE T_MCC=123 AND (T_MNC=11 OR T_MNC=01) GROUP BY T_ADDRESS,T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC HAVING count(*) > 5;This select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Here's To The Crazy One

Please excuse my indulgence. Thank you MG Siegler and Steve Jurvetson. But most importantly, thank you Steve Jobs. 8rwsuXHA7RA The world has lost a genius. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crazy Syntax

Hello All, was looking at a script wrote by someone and when I try and run it in ksh it gives me an error. Could ksh version be a problem or is there something wrong that I'm missing, when I run it from the command line it works. Thanks! results=`sudo -u admin ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akechnie
1 Replies
nisserver(1M)                                             System Administration Commands                                             nisserver(1M)

NAME
nisserver - set up NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisserver -r [-x] [-f] [-v] [-Y] [ -d NIS+_domain] [ -g NIS+_groupname] [-l network_passwd] /usr/lib/nis/nisserver -M [-x] [-f] [-v] [-Y] -d NIS+_domain [ -g NIS+_groupname] [ -h NIS+_server_host] /usr/lib/nis/nisserver -R [-x] [-f] [-v] [-Y] [ -d NIS+_domain] [ -h NIS+_server_host] DESCRIPTION
The nisserver shell script can be used to set up a root master, non-root master, and replica NIS+ server with level 2 security (DES). If other authentication mechanisms are configured with nisauthconf(1M), nisserver will set up a NIS+ server using those mechanisms. nisauth- conf(1M) should be used before nisserver. When setting up a new domain, this script creates the NIS+ directories (including groups_dir and org_dir) and system table objects for the domain specified. It does not populate the tables. nispopulate(1M) must be used to populate the tables. OPTIONS
-d NIS+_domain Specifies the name for the NIS+ domain. The default is your local domain. -f Forces the NIS+ server setup without prompting for confirmation. -g NIS+_groupname Specifies the NIS+ group name for the new domain. This option is not valid with -R option. The default group is admin.<domain>. -h NIS+_server_host Specifies the hostname for the NIS+ server. It must be a valid host in the local domain. Use a fully qualified hostname (for example, hostx.xyz.sun.com.) to specify a host outside of your local domain. This option is only used for setting up non-root master or replica servers. The default for non-root master server setup is to use the same list of servers as the parent domain. The default for replica server setup is the local hostname. -l network_password Specifies the network password with which to create the credentials for the root master server. This option is only used for master root server setup (-r option). If this option is not specified, the script prompts you for the login password. -M Sets up the specified host as a master server. Make sure that rpc.nisd(1M) is running on the new master server before this command is executed. -R Sets up the specified host as a replica server. Make sure that rpc.nisd is running on the new replica server. -r Sets up the server as a root master server. Use the -R option to set up a root replica server. -v Runs the script in verbose mode. -x Turns the echo mode on. The script just prints the commands that it would have executed. Note that the commands are not actually executed. The default is off. -Y Sets up a NIS+ server with NIS-compatibility mode. The default is to set up the server without NIS-compatibility mode. USAGE
Use the first synopsis of the command (-r) to set up a root master server. To run the command, you must be logged in as super-user on the server machine. Use the second synopsis of the command (-M) to set up a non-root master server for the specified domain. To run the command, you must be logged in as a NIS+ principal on a NIS+ machine and have write permission to the parent directory of the domain that you are setting up. The new non-root master server machine must already be an NIS+ client (see nisclient(1M)) and have the rpc.nisd(1M) daemon running. Use the third synopsis of the command (-R) to set up a replica server for both root and non-root domains. To run the command, you must be logged in as a NIS+ principal on a NIS+ machine and have write permission to the parent directory of the domain that you are replicating. The new non-root replica server machine must already be an NIS+ client and have the rpc.nisd daemon running. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting up Servers To set up a root master server for domain sun.com.: root_server# /usr/lib/nis/nisserver -r -d sun.com. For the following examples make sure that the new servers are NIS+ clients and that rpc.nisd is running on these hosts before executing nisserver. To set up a replica server for the sun.com. domain on host sunreplica: root_server# /usr/lib/nis/nisserver -R -d sun.com. -h sunrep To set up a non-root master server for domain xyz.sun.com. on host sunxyz with the NIS+ groupname as admin-mgr.xyz.sun.com.: root_server# /usr/lib/nis/nisserver -M -d xyz.sun.com. -h sunxyz -g admin-mgr.xyz.sun.com. To set up a non-root replica server for domain xyz.sun.com. on host sunabc: sunxyz# /usr/lib/nis/nisserver -R -d xyz.sun.com. -h sunabc ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nisgrpadm(1), nismkdir(1), nisaddcred(1M), nisauthconf(1M), nisclient(1M), nisinit(1M), nispopulate(1M), nisprefadm(1M), nis- setup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Dec 2001 nisserver(1M)