Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crazy mx record redirect
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crazy mx record redirect Post 302151300 by sysgate on Friday 14th of December 2007 10:16:15 AM
Old 12-14-2007
OK, switching records back and forth means contradiction between zone files, either being exported to one named process, or to another name servers. Since the name servers haven't changed recently, means that something in the records of the current zone file had changed. Are you the only one with access ? Make sure that no one else made changes at this time.
use "dig" tool to troubleshoot this like :
Code:
dig @NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET xyz.org any

which currently prints :
Quote:
; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET xyz.org any
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 64900
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;xyz.org. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns.ez2ba.com.
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns2.ez2ba.com.
xyz.org. 15260 IN MX 10 mail.xyz.org.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns.ez2ba.com.
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns2.ez2ba.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns.ez2ba.com. 86400 IN A 64.176.60.89
ns2.ez2ba.com. 86400 IN A 64.176.61.75
mail.xyz.org. 22961 IN A 64.176.52.54

;; Query time: 417 msec
;; SERVER: 208.56.193.83#53(NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET)
;; WHEN: Fri Dec 14 07:11:58 2007
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 166
I've seen strange cases with bind, the last resort was restarting the bind daemon, this fixes some issues sometimes. Oh, you can flush the cache with "rndc flush" and see if it make any difference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oh no!! crazy script

Hi Could be stupid, but I can figure out... I have a script that downloads a file from a http server ( virus definitions file ). The thing is that when I run it from the console (bash) works fine, but when I put it in the root's cron it doesn't, and it generates a core file. example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

going crazy with test???

oK, i know for sure that code = Y and var = N but no matter what this always prints ignore, never valid??????? if test "$code"="$var" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mich_elle00
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp going crazy

Dear Friends, I am having a crazy issue with ftp. I am doing 'mput' of 4 files (z1, z2, z3, z4) as below. But ftp transfers only every alternative file !! - ie; If I do mput z* for above, it sends only z1 and z3. Note that all the files are same and I tried this for several dummy files. All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdivu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pleas help..this is driving me crazy

Hi, I've created a script in csh that takes a file and checks it for mispelled words. Im almost done but I need to do two more things but I need help. First, when displaying an incorrect word to the user, I need to show the line of the input file that contains the word. Second,if the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hckygoli31
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

crazy dreams..

well, Wine is simply amazing.. I love it. the filesystems are great too -- never having to defragment, and not slowing down in time. I love the power of BASH. iptables.. but.. I had a vision. a crazy dream. what if, we could develop an installation system for Linux.. working pretty much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ialoq
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finger has gone crazy

Two things : On the first place i am really desperate, on the second i am about to throw my laptop away to the recycle bin in a while. Ok now that i expressed my feeling let me describe you this mad situation. Code: print $1; ("finger -m " $1 "| head -1") | getline userinfo print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
6 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Crazy Dots

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a script called DOTS that will display the horizontal or vertical number of dots if the first argument... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchelpmtl
3 Replies

8. Programming

I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help!

Hello people, as wrote in title I'm going crazy with a "complex" SQL select. This is the seelct: select T_ADDRESS, T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC, COUNT(*) FROM TABLETEST WHERE T_MCC=123 AND (T_MNC=11 OR T_MNC=01) GROUP BY T_ADDRESS,T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC HAVING count(*) > 5;This select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Here's To The Crazy One

Please excuse my indulgence. Thank you MG Siegler and Steve Jurvetson. But most importantly, thank you Steve Jobs. 8rwsuXHA7RA The world has lost a genius. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crazy Syntax

Hello All, was looking at a script wrote by someone and when I try and run it in ksh it gives me an error. Could ksh version be a problem or is there something wrong that I'm missing, when I run it from the command line it works. Thanks! results=`sudo -u admin ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akechnie
1 Replies
host(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  host(1M)

NAME
host - DNS lookup utility SYNOPSIS
host [-aCdlnrTvw] [-c class] [-N ndots] [-R number] [-t type] [-W wait] name [server] DESCRIPTION
The host utility performs simple DNS lookups. It is normally used to convert names to IP addresses and IP addresses to names. When no argu- ments or options are given, host prints a short summary of its command line arguments and options. The name argument is the domain name that is to be looked up. It can also be a dotted-decimal IPv4 address or a colon-delimited IPv6 address, in which case host by default performs a reverse lookup for that address. The optional server argument is either the name or IP address of the name server that host should query instead of the server or servers listed in /etc/resolv.conf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Equivalent to setting the -v option and asking host to make a query of type ANY. -c class Make a DNS query of class class. This can be used to lookup Hesiod or Chaosnet class resource records. The default class is IN (Internet). -C Attempt to display the SOA records for zone name from all the listed authoritative name servers for that zone. The list of name servers is defined by the NS records that are found for the zone. -d Generate verbose output. This option is equivalent to -v. These two options are provided for backward compatibility. In previous versions, the -d option switched on debugging traces and -v enabled verbose output. -l List mode. This option makes host perform a zone transfer for zone name. The argument is provided for compatibility with previous implementations. This option is equivalent to making a query of type AXFR. -n Specify that reverse lookups of IPv6 addresses should use the IP6.INT domain and "nibble" labels as defined in RFC1886. The default is to use IP6.ARPA and binary labels as defined in RFC2874. -N ndots Set the number of dots that have to be in name for it to be considered absolute. The default value is that defined using the ndots statement in /etc/resolv.conf, or 1 if no ndots statement is present. Names with fewer dots are interpreted as relative names and will be searched for in the domains listed in the search or domain directive in /etc/resolv.conf. -r Make a non-recursive query. Setting this option clears the RD (recursion desired) bit in the query made by host. The name server receiving the query does not attempt to resolve name. The -r option enables host to mimic the behaviour of a name server by making non-recursive queries and expecting to receive answers to those queries that are usually referrals to other name servers. -R number Change the number of UDP retries for a lookup. The number argument indicates how many times host will repeat a query that does not get answered. The default number of retries is 1. If number is negative or zero, the number of retries will default to 1. -t type Select the query type. The type argument can be any recognised query type: CNAME, NS, SOA, SIG, KEY, and AXFR, among oth- ers. When no query type is specified, host automatically selects an appropriate query type. By default it looks for A records, but if the -C option is specified, queries are made for SOA records. If name is a dotted-decimal IPv4 address or colon-delimited IPv6 address, host queries for PTR records. -T Use a TCP connection when querying the name server. TCP is automatically selected for queries that require it, such as zone transfer (AXFR) requests. By default host uses UDP when making queries. -v Generate verbose output. This option is equivalent to -d. -w Wait forever for a reply. The time to wait for a response will be set to the number of seconds given by the hardware's max- imum value for an integer quantity. -W wait Wait for wait seconds for a reply. If wait is less than one, the wait interval is set to one second. FILES
/etc/resolv.conf Resolver configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWbind9 | |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dig(1M), named(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
Source for BIND9 is available in the SUNWbind9S package. SunOS 5.10 15 Dec 2004 host(1M)