Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0 Post 302151153 by checkpro on Thursday 13th of December 2007 05:15:27 PM
Old 12-13-2007
mounting usb floppy in OSR6

I wish it were that easy.
Without the usb floppy plugged in, I have in the /dev/dsk dir:
brw-rw-rw- 1 root sys 7679,184 Dec 12 17:19 c0b0t0d0p0
with it plugged in I have:
brw-rw-rw- 1 root sys 7679,184 Dec 12 17:19 c0b0t0d0p0
brw-rw-rw- 3 root sys 0,184 Dec 12 17:19 c3b0t0d0p0
The '< c0b0t0d0p0' command returns nothing. The light on the USB floppy doesn't blink, no errors or anything it just goes to the # prompt on the next line.
The '< c3b0t0d0p0' command returns: "c3b0t0d0p0: cannot open"
The TA's on SCO's website are not very helpful. They only address loading HBA drivers from a USB floppy during install. I used a regular floppy at install, but now I need to make a USB floppy work.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does HPUX 10.2 or 11.i support any USB flash drive?

Where can I get a driver that support usb flash drives for my unix machines. I need a solution to transfer data easily for techs. I am running C3750 and c8000 HP equipment. Or is there a way to mount them and use them without adding drivers? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkend12
0 Replies

4. Solaris

removable usb flash drive

# rmformat Looking for devices... 1. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0p0 Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0/sd@0,0 Connected Device: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E113 Device Type: DVD Reader/Writer 2. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 Physical Node:... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
26 Replies

5. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

USB flash drive/keyfob will not automount

I am working on an Ubuntu Linux 8.10 system that I do not want to reboot. For some reason, USB flash drives (mass storage devices) now no longer automount. I want to restore that functionality without rebooting. I can manually mount and unmount these things by doing: cd /media sudo mkdir thing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive

Can someone help me with instructions on how to access a USB flash drive in SCO Unix 5.0.5? I need to copy ASCII text files that have been zipped onto the USB drive for transfer to a Windows computer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlodata
0 Replies

8. SCO

Mounting a USB DRIVE- SCO_SV

I wish to mount a USB pen drive to allow me copy files from the pc to the pen drive. when I insert the dirve I get a message umass Attached: Kingston DataTraveler 2.0, rev 2.0, usb_id 2 The version of unix is SCO_SV. I cannot see any new file in the /dev folder. I was looking for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralph2010
5 Replies

9. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to increase cylinders on USB Flash Drive

Hello All, I faced a unique issue. I have written a script for transferring backup data on my host machine to a USB Flash drive. The Flash drive must be of 16GB size. So, my script creates two primary partitionon the USB flash drive. I require approx 5900 cylinders for the first partition on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
8 Replies
SETFDPRM(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       SETFDPRM(8)

NAME
setfdprm - sets user-provided floppy disk parameters SYNOPSIS
setfdprm [ -p ] device name setfdprm [ -p ] device size sectors heads tracks stretch gap rate spec1 fmt_gap setfdprm [ -c ] device setfdprm [ -y ] device setfdprm [ -n ] device DESCRIPTION
setfdprm is a utility that can be used to load disk parameters into the auto-detecting floppy devices, to clear old parameter sets and to disable or enable diagnostic messages. Without any options, setfdprm loads the device (usually /dev/fd0 or /dev/fd1) with a new parameter set with the name entry found in /etc/fdprm (usually named 360/360, etc.). These parameters stay in effect until the media is changed. -p device name Permanently loads a new parameter set for the specified auto-configuring floppy device for the configuration with name in /etc/fdprm. Alternatively, the parameters can be given directly from the command line. -c device Clears the parameter set of the specified auto-configuring floppy device. -y device Enables format detection messages for the specified auto-configuring floppy device. -n device Disables format detection messages for the specified auto-configuring floppy device. BUGS
This documentation is grossly incomplete. FILES
/etc/fdprm AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) Linux 0.99 20 November 1993 SETFDPRM(8)