Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris m/c not booting
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris m/c not booting Post 302150963 by porter on Thursday 13th of December 2007 06:03:02 AM
Old 12-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiaEd
I tried boot cdom -s.It went into single user mode but I am not able to run a fsck in this mode.
Did you get to a shell prompt?

If so you should be able to run fsck on the device that represents your root drive.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

booting problems on solaris

When i try to boot my solaris 2.6 E220R server, i get this error message > INIT: cannot create /var/adm/utmp or /var/adm/utmpx >INIT: failed write of utmpx entry:" " >INIT: failed write of utmpx entry:" " INIT Single User Mode Press Ctrl-d for normal boot process or enter roots password... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error booting solaris 10

Hello experts, I have installed solaris 10 on x86. When I try to boot I get an error with ablue screen login failed please try again. I am new to this o.s. It used to work nicely before what did I do wrong? Any guidance advice will be highly appreciated Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepak1
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 is not booting after installation

Hell All, I have installed Solaris10 on my PC (Intel Celeron Processor, Intel Motherboard with builtin video and audio), STAT hard disk, 1GB DDR2 RAM. After finishinig of installation, there is a reboot session comes, and after reboot there comes GRUB. And then when I press entor to solaris to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aburaihanxp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with booting Solaris 9

Folks; I have a Solaris 9 server that after power outage it won't come fully up and i was able to bring it up in single user mode and checked "/var/log/messages" & "/var/adm/messages" with nothing showing since Sept. 17. i ran fsck and no luck. I ran all tests from the OK prompt with no luck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris hangs after booting

Hi, We've got a Sun Fire V245 that's failing to boot from either boot disk (mirrored using SVM). It simply hangs after loading a few modules: Sun Fire V245, No Keyboard Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.22.22, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting Solaris 10/09

What type of communication does Solaris 10/09 need to do with it's default gateway before it can boot up? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstauffer
7 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris booting problems

hi am trying to get some knowledge on Solaris common trouble shooting problems.. can some one help me in getting most common issues.. and how to solve those issues. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindreddy
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)