Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing only wanted rows in awk Post 302150782 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 12th of December 2007 04:23:51 PM
Old 12-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Have you considered "head"?

Code:
man head

nicely put, porter! Smilie
[sorry, I could not resist!]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK printing

Hello, I am trying to write a formatted report into a file using .ksh script and awk. Here is the command I am trying to run echo "before awk" ${SRC_SCHEMA} echo | awk '{printf "%-20s", ${SRC_SCHEMA} }' >>$REPORT_SQL_NAME I get the following error before awk ADW awk: 0602-562 Field $()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Printing

i have a file and i want to print the second variable and add qoutes to it i do awk -F"|" '{print $2}' star.unl. i get the output xxxxxxx but i need the variable($2) to be in quotes.like "xxxxxxx" how do i do there please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK printing

i have a file containing a line 123456 is it possible to use AWK to print it out to look like 1 2 3 4 5 6 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Only printing certain rows

Hi, I mainly work with altering columns with awk but now I encountered a problem with dealing with rows. So what I want to do is only print rows that start with a specific name. For example: ## joe jack john ty1 3 4 ty1 5 6 ty2 4 7 tym 5 6 tyz 7 9 Basically what I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk rows

I know you can awk for columns but how do you awk for rows? Fo instance rows 10-20. Any help much appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk printing help

Hallo, i have a file which looks like this: $1 $2 $3 Student1 55 Pass 55 Pass 35 Fail Student2 55 Pass 55 Pass 35 Fail i want that the $1 field... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing 3 files side by side based on similar values in rows

Hi I'm trying to compare 3 or more files based on similar values and outputting them into 3 columns. For example: file1 ABC DEF GHI file2 DEF DER file3 ABC DER The output should come out like this file1 file2 file3 ABC ABC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing using awk

Hi I am relatively new to awk so i am getting confused a lot I am in need of help ... I am trying to append coloumns to the end of line using AWK I tried using this command awk -F "," '{for(s=7;s<=217;s++);$s="0";}1' OFS=, sam_sri_out It is giving me an output like this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing rows based on column range

Hello, I have a file with nearly 57K lines. I want to filter the lines based on the range of values in a column. For e.g. print lines whose 3rd filed is >=0.02. Input file: LOC_Os09g32030 LOC_Os02g18880 0.0200037219149773 undirected NA NA LOC_Os03g58630 LOC_Os09g35690 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine rows with awk

I have a file of 100,000 entries that look like: chr1 980547 980667 + chr1:980547-980667 chr1 980728 980848 + chr1:980728-980848 chr1 980793 980913 + chr1:980793-980913 I am trying to reformat them to into 5 columns that are tab delineated: chr1 980547 980667 + ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)