Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX memory problems
Operating Systems HP-UX UNIX memory problems Post 302150773 by prowla on Wednesday 12th of December 2007 03:41:24 PM
Old 12-12-2007
You may have errors in syslog.
If you have glance, it can give a very good picture of what is going on on your system.
If you have hardware errors, you may have emails to root.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

plock() memory locking problems

I'm experiencing some strangeness when using plock(). I'm on a Solaris 5.7/SPARC machine with 64MB of memory. I can show that plock() works by successfully locking down 10 MB of memory. Then, I ask for 40 MB, and I get a failure notice because there is "Not enough memory" available. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: troccola
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Program/ Memory Problems

I need some advise. I have an application server running several applications. When I try and start a particular application when the others are running I receive the following. This is appearing in the core file that is created. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX memory problems w/Progress DB

We are currently running HP-UX 11 as our database server. The database is Progress version 9.1C. As of late, some of our batch processes that run on the UNIX db server are erroring out because of what appear to be memory issues(at least according to Progress). The db error messages indicate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddiej
0 Replies

4. Programming

[C] Problems with shared memory

Hi everbody, i have a problem with shared memory and child-processes in C (unix). I have a server that do forks to create (N) child processes. This processes work with a shared "stuct" thanks to shared memory and a semaphore. The problem is when a child modify the shared memory and the others... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurricane86
2 Replies

5. Programming

Problems with shared memory and lists

Hi, I need to put in shared memory a list made with object of this structure: typedef struct Obj{ char objname; struct Obj *nextObj; }Object I've filled my list with (for example) 10 elements, but when i try to put it in shared memory to be read by another process i get segmentation fault... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeNdErR
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory problems on a -sunfire T2000

I work with a network management tool, which, for various reasons, is installed on a solaris server.This is a Sunfire T2000 server with 16 CPUs and 8GB of RAM. I have installed a Solaris 10 ZFS and 8GB swap. From the beginning I had problems with memory occupation that it rises progressively to 95%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drusa79
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A bad configured logrotate can cause a problems with memory leak ?

I am newbe to unix. I have a very serious problem on my server. I have a java application running, and all day on Monday morning, the process that is associated with this java is locked. Usually I doing a shutdown by the shutdown java command , you have to kill the process with the kill-kill... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjoottaa
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Memory problems in NFS client server

Hi all, i have some doubts in a situation that i fail to get an answer in Google. I have a solaris 10 nfs server and 5 centos 6.0 nfs clients. The problem/situation is that in the clients the free memory is "disappearing" along the time (passing to used)..and it gets free if i umount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blast
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Memory problems in Blade 6340

We have a 6000 chassis with three blades in it. Two of the blades have "Oracle/Sun" memory in them with no complaints. The third blade is populated with Dataram dimms. That 3rd blade continues to flag a slot bad. Oracle has said they would not support the blade with Dataram memory it it. I didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
1 Replies

10. AIX

Memory problems.

Hi All, Just loaded AIX 6.1 and then got Firefox running on the workstation. To test out I wanted to download some small files from 'Perlz', and during this I'm told there's not enough room in the Downloads folder. What do I do to resize folders from the default and generally move memory around? In... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Box_the_Jack_in
3 Replies
GLANCE-SCRUBBER(1)						      Glance							GLANCE-SCRUBBER(1)

NAME
glance-scrubber - Glance Scrubber Service GLANCE SCRUB SERVICE
Author glance@lists.launchpad.net Date 2012-01-03 Copyright OpenStack LLC Version 2012.1-dev Manual section 1 Manual group cloud computing SYNOPSIS glance-scrubber [options] DESCRIPTION glance-scrubber is an utility that cleans up images that have been deleted. The mechanics of this differ depending on the backend store and pending_deletion options chosen. Multiple glance-scrubbers can be run in a single deployment, but only one of them may be designated as the 'cleanup_scrubber' in the glance-scrubber.conf file. The 'cleanup_scrubber' coordinates other glance-scrubbers by maintaining the master queue of images that need to be removed. The glance-scubber.conf file also specifies important configuration items such as the time between runs ('wakeup_time' in seconds), length of time images can be pending before their deletion ('cleanup_scrubber_time' in seconds) as well as registry connectivity options. glance-scrubber can run as a periodic job or long-running daemon. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines -D, --daemon Run as a long-running process. When not specified (the default) run the scrub operation once and then exits. When specified do not exit and run scrub on wakeup_time interval as specified in the config. --nodaemon The inverse of --daemon. Runs the scrub operation once and then exits. SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-SCRUBBER(1)