Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming (MPI) Segmentation fault with dynamic allocated 2D array Post 302150770 by porter on Wednesday 12th of December 2007 03:17:03 PM
Old 12-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238
Please advise. Thank you.
Firstly, make a backup.

Then remove all the code that refers to arrays of ints and just prove that you can pass a buffer of characters around, effectively an MPI Hello World. Confirm that this cleanly exits.

Then be careful with your type casting whereever there is a void *, for instance the first argument to MPI_Send.

If you want to send 'ints' then change that to a

Code:
int *mySendData=&(cell[i][0]);
MPI_Send(mySendData,.....

and similarly on the read, this lets the compiler do type checking for you.

Also, run the thing under a debugger or use the core dump to find out where the thing is failing. Have you not closed the library down correctly? Is this a build issue? Is it compiler options or selection of libraries?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

segmentation fault

hi all i'm trying to execute a c program under linux RH and it gives me segmentation fault, this program was running under unix at&t anybody kow what the problem could be? thanx in advance regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

3. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault

If I do this. Assume struct life { char *nolife; } struct life **life; // malloc initialization & everything if(life->nolife == 0) Would I get error at life->nolife if it is equal to 0. wrong accession? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
3 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

6. Programming

Segmentation fault.

I'm getting a segmentation fault. I'm new to Linux programming. Thanks so much for all of your input.:eek: #include </usr/include/mysql++/mysql++.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int outputToImport(const char*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

7. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
HF77(1) 							     LAM TOOLS								   HF77(1)

NAME
hf77, mpif77 - Compile LAM FORTRAN programs. SYNTAX
hf77 [-showme] ... see f77(1) (or whatever your underlying FORTRAN compiler is) for all other options. DESCRIPTION
hf77 is a convenience wrapper for the local native FORTRAN compiler. Translation of a LAM program requires the linkage of the LAM essen- tial services libraries which may not reside in one of the standard search directories of ld(1). hf77 passes its arguments along to the local native FORTRAN compiler along with the -L and -l options required by LAM/MPI programs. This includes all necessary options for ROMIO and/or C++ bindings support (if ROMIO/C++ support was included when LAM was compiled). mpif77 is now the same as hf77. See the NOTES section, below. By default, hf77 uses the FORTRAN compiler that was selected when LAM was configured (with the --with-fc flag to ./configure) as the local native FORTRAN compiler, but this can be overridden by the LAMHF77 environment variable. OPTIONS
-showme Does not invoke the underlying FORTRAN compiler. Instead, it shows the command line that would be executed to compile the FORTRAN program. NOTES
Previous versions of hf77 did not automatically link in the MPI library. Starting with LAM version 6.3, since hf77 has become the de facto LAM FORTRAN compiler, the -lmpi option is now automatically passed to the underlying compiler when linking LAM/MPI programs. Previous versions of LAM included the mpif77 wrapper script to automatically pass -lmpi to hf77. This script is now obsolete since hf77 now includes -lmpi automatically. mpif77 is now a symbolic link to hf77 to ensure backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
f77(1), ld(1), lam-helpfile(1) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 HF77(1)