Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while read loop w/ a nested if statement - doesn't treat each entry individually Post 302150570 by Perderabo on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 08:30:55 PM
Old 12-11-2007
You can't just do "mailx". mailx wants to read an email. so you need to do something like:
echo fumble | mailx

As it is now, mailx is reading from stdin and thus sucking up the rest of the file from your < ldaplist.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested read

I am hoping someone can help me with this one. I am writing a ksh script on Solaris. I want to read in host names and some other info from a file, do an "rsh host 'shutdown'" (or any uname for now until I get it working), and then be given some options. The problem is I am using while read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested while read line loop

Hi, Can anyone please help me: i'm trying to read a file with directory-names , then go to that directory and read another (output) file to perform some tasks per line (second read line in the part of script below). The problem is that after the nested while loop has finished, the first while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If statement within Do / Done

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me out here; now i have searched and searched and have at least worked out that you can't have a nested if statement with a 'done' in it (as i have) as you're killing the parent before the child. So here's what i have, and here's hoping someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalgibbard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If-statement nested in case

I'm trying to write case statements with 'if statements' embedded inside of them. I'm using the korn shell but it's not functioning. If I want to see if a string exists in a file and then perform an action, what would be the best way to do this? For file "asg51fin" to delete a line if a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazeman27
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl nested if statement

I'm just having a bit of trouble running this code. It tells me that there's a syntax error on line 29. Any help appreciated. #!/usr/bin/perl # # Phone Book Application # %phonebook = ( "Wayne", '34687368', "Home", '378643287', "Work", '017374637', "School",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabaiste
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested While loop doesn't end

Hi, Below is my script in which i am using nested while loop to read two files and move the files to a remote server. My issue is that the 2nd while loop doesn't stop executing and it keeps on executing. Can someone please let me know where i have gone wrong. myFile=$ESER_TEST_FILES ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read statement within while read loop

hi, this is my script #!/bin/ksh cat temp_file.dat | while read line do read test if ]; then break else echo "ERROR" fi done when i execute this code , the script does wait for the user input . it directly prints "ERROR" and terminates after the no. of times as there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva1612
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Statement to find if an entry exists in a file

I need to check if an entry input by the user is in a file. If so, I need to run a command, and if it does not exist then it should output entry does not exist. So I have so far... echo "Enter record:" read record //command || //command Can I use an if statement to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How come this if statement doesn't work?

greetings, the following code isn't working as i expect it to. the first dbl brackets do but the second set gets ignored. ie: if i'm on t70c6n229 it echoes "Something" and i expect it not to. what am i missing? if " ]] || " ]]; then echo "Something" fi thanx! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk doesn't understand 'read' statement!!!

While working on awk programming, i found that it doesn't understand 'read' statement. Then what's the use of 'continue' and 'break' statement in awk. For ex: awk '{k=1; while (k<10) {print $0; k++}}' emp.lst Now, please say if I want to put the logic that after priting 1 line, it will ask for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
13 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)