Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while read loop w/ a nested if statement - doesn't treat each entry individually Post 302150560 by Smiling Dragon on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 07:52:08 PM
Old 12-11-2007
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefrog
Right now - rather than sending one email per suffix - it sends one email and in the body of the email is the output for each suffix.
I'm probably just being dense but I still don't understand what you are saying...
Are you saying that your current script (if statement within the while loop) is sending only one email even if there's a bunch of failing ldap suffix lookups?

What behaviour do you actually want (ie how many emails and what info in each message):
- When there's no suffixes that fail to look up?
- When just one fails?
- When more than one fails?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested read

I am hoping someone can help me with this one. I am writing a ksh script on Solaris. I want to read in host names and some other info from a file, do an "rsh host 'shutdown'" (or any uname for now until I get it working), and then be given some options. The problem is I am using while read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested while read line loop

Hi, Can anyone please help me: i'm trying to read a file with directory-names , then go to that directory and read another (output) file to perform some tasks per line (second read line in the part of script below). The problem is that after the nested while loop has finished, the first while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If statement within Do / Done

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me out here; now i have searched and searched and have at least worked out that you can't have a nested if statement with a 'done' in it (as i have) as you're killing the parent before the child. So here's what i have, and here's hoping someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalgibbard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If-statement nested in case

I'm trying to write case statements with 'if statements' embedded inside of them. I'm using the korn shell but it's not functioning. If I want to see if a string exists in a file and then perform an action, what would be the best way to do this? For file "asg51fin" to delete a line if a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazeman27
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl nested if statement

I'm just having a bit of trouble running this code. It tells me that there's a syntax error on line 29. Any help appreciated. #!/usr/bin/perl # # Phone Book Application # %phonebook = ( "Wayne", '34687368', "Home", '378643287', "Work", '017374637', "School",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabaiste
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested While loop doesn't end

Hi, Below is my script in which i am using nested while loop to read two files and move the files to a remote server. My issue is that the 2nd while loop doesn't stop executing and it keeps on executing. Can someone please let me know where i have gone wrong. myFile=$ESER_TEST_FILES ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read statement within while read loop

hi, this is my script #!/bin/ksh cat temp_file.dat | while read line do read test if ]; then break else echo "ERROR" fi done when i execute this code , the script does wait for the user input . it directly prints "ERROR" and terminates after the no. of times as there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva1612
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Statement to find if an entry exists in a file

I need to check if an entry input by the user is in a file. If so, I need to run a command, and if it does not exist then it should output entry does not exist. So I have so far... echo "Enter record:" read record //command || //command Can I use an if statement to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How come this if statement doesn't work?

greetings, the following code isn't working as i expect it to. the first dbl brackets do but the second set gets ignored. ie: if i'm on t70c6n229 it echoes "Something" and i expect it not to. what am i missing? if " ]] || " ]]; then echo "Something" fi thanx! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk doesn't understand 'read' statement!!!

While working on awk programming, i found that it doesn't understand 'read' statement. Then what's the use of 'continue' and 'break' statement in awk. For ex: awk '{k=1; while (k<10) {print $0; k++}}' emp.lst Now, please say if I want to put the logic that after priting 1 line, it will ask for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
13 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)