Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shortcut for tar cvf - [filename] | gzip > [filename].tar.gz Post 302150510 by bcamp1973 on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 04:45:08 PM
Old 12-11-2007
ah, cool...thanks! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using TAR -cvf test.tar "HELP"

Ok, I use the command tar -cvf /home/output/test.tar /home/input on one UNIX server, lets call it sneezy. I FTP the tared file over to another server, lets call it bashful. Use the tar -xvf test.tar command and get a error indicating that it is looking for the same directory as where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using Tar -cvf file.tar "Need Help"

Ok, I use the command tar -cvf ~kw4691/output/test.tar ~kw4691/input on one UNIX server, lets call it sneezy. I FTP the tared file over to another server, lets call it bashful. Use the tar -xvf test.tar command and get the error ~kw4691/input "could not create the directory" /hom/dev/sy40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wev
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar/gzip/gz...which one to use?

P0251WLADC.svm_wl1 > /svm_wl1/billing/data/server/archive/ALLEVT $ du -k FEB2006 22050224 FEB2006 As you can see,i have a folder called "FEB2006" which is around 22 GB. i guess zip or compress wont work...( i don know how do we compress a folder) i wished to use ""tar" ( i suppose... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar and gzip

Hi, I would like to have a combined gzip and tar that will compress and create multiple output tar.gz files. I want to have multiple files output because i cannot create an archive because there is no more space on my harddisk. I cannot transfer it locally because of slow connection. I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip filename?

Hi, I want to be able to gzip a file but keep its original name and not give it a .gz extension. And then gunzip the file to the same name as well. Is this possible? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goochalba
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jar/Tar to a diffent folder/same folder w/ filename

Hi, I want to extract myfile.war to a folder which is in the same folder with war file.I did this as normal: jar -xvf myfile.war But it exploded all the content of file to the same level folder instead of that I was expecting to create a folder called myfile. This works with tar: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reis3k
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bus error while using command tar -cvf

Hi, I am working on a mac OSX machine. I am getting bus error :confused: when i use the command tar -cvf file1.tar file1 What could be the reason for this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shweeths
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies
Gtk2::Object(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Gtk2::Object(3)

NAME
Gtk2::Object HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object METHODS
object = Gtk2::Object->new ($object_class, ...) o $object_class (string) package name of object to create o ... (list) of property-name => value pairs Create a new object of type $object_class, with some optional initial property values. You may see this used in some code as Gtk2::Widget->new, e.g. $window = Gtk2::Widget->new ('Gtk2::Window', title => 'something cool', allow_grow => TRUE); This is really just a convenience function that wraps Glib::Object->new. boolean = $object->bindings_activate ($keyval, $modifiers) o $keyval (integer) o $modifiers (Gtk2::Gdk::ModifierType) Although "activate" and "activate_event" are "Gtk2::Object" methods, as of Gtk 2.12 they will only actually invoke signals on a "Gtk2::Widget". On a "Gtk2::Object" the return is always false (no binding activated). boolean = $object->bindings_activate_event ($event) o $event (Gtk2::Gdk::Event) $object->destroy This is an explicit destroy --- NOT the auto destroy; Gtk2::Object inherits that from Glib::Object! PROPERTIES
'user-data' (gpointer : readable / writable / private) Anonymous User Data Pointer SIGNALS
destroy (Gtk2::Object) ENUMS AND FLAGS
flags Gtk2::Gdk::ModifierType o 'shift-mask' / 'GDK_SHIFT_MASK' o 'lock-mask' / 'GDK_LOCK_MASK' o 'control-mask' / 'GDK_CONTROL_MASK' o 'mod1-mask' / 'GDK_MOD1_MASK' o 'mod2-mask' / 'GDK_MOD2_MASK' o 'mod3-mask' / 'GDK_MOD3_MASK' o 'mod4-mask' / 'GDK_MOD4_MASK' o 'mod5-mask' / 'GDK_MOD5_MASK' o 'button1-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON1_MASK' o 'button2-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON2_MASK' o 'button3-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON3_MASK' o 'button4-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON4_MASK' o 'button5-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON5_MASK' o 'super-mask' / 'GDK_SUPER_MASK' o 'hyper-mask' / 'GDK_HYPER_MASK' o 'meta-mask' / 'GDK_META_MASK' o 'release-mask' / 'GDK_RELEASE_MASK' o 'modifier-mask' / 'GDK_MODIFIER_MASK' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::Object(3)