Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Regarding shell scripts to executables Post 302150439 by sanjay92 on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 01:50:24 PM
Old 12-11-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowla
Scripts are supposed to be simple and readable.
Why not rewrite it in C?
If you know well how to code in C.
What about solving & giving suggestions on how to solve this particular issue vs why you need this ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum all executables on drive

I know I can run the cksum command for multiple files in a directory and send the results to a new file. EX.) # cd /usr # cksum *_ex* > /tmp/cksumusr.txt But I can't figure out how to run this command on multiple files in all directories on drive. Is it possible to do this, without having... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazykelso
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot create executables

I am trying to install PROFTPD-1.2.7 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 Server with a gcc-2.95.2 installed the VOLS files from http://www.caldera.com/skunkware. The problem I am having is when I try to run ./configure in the proftpd directory I get this error: # ./configure checking build system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
6 Replies

3. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

4. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

5. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Makefile with multiple executables

I am trying to create executables for the following files Currently, I am making 9 different directories for for each. I would like to make 1 directory but everytime I try it does not work. CROSS_COMPILE?= # CROSS_COMPILE used to = arm-arago-linux-gnueabi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Gcc cannot create executables

https://www.unix.com/302461112-post1.html Thank you. It's still in Linux Mint 17 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)