Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with USB - solaris 10 on VMware Post 302150402 by ezsurf on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 10:22:30 AM
Old 12-11-2007
Problem with USB - solaris 10 on VMware

I am running solaris 10 on VMware and I do not know how to setup the USB drive. After refer to few doc from sun still unable to get what i should do.
Can someone help?

On VMware I have added a USB controller.

Oh yes, from prtconf and dmesg, it don't seem to reganize the usb controller. I believe I have to make the system to recognise the USB first.
# prtconf| grep USB
# prtconf| grep usb
# dmesg |grep usb
#

below are the vfstab config
# more vfstab
#device device mount FS fsck mount mount
#to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options
#
fd - /dev/fd fd - no -
/proc - /proc proc - no -
/dev/dsk/c0d0s1 - - swap - no -
/dev/dsk/c0d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 / ufs 1 no -
/dev/dsk/c0d0s7 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s7 /export/home ufs 2 yes -
/devices - /devices devfs - no -
ctfs - /system/contract ctfs - no -
objfs - /system/object objfs - no -
swap - /tmp tmpfs - yes -
#
This User Gave Thanks to ezsurf For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing Solaris 8 on VMware 2.0.3

Hi folks! i've just downloaded the three SOlaris 8 Free install-CDs, then went to install it in a VM on VMware 2.0.3, okay DCA and CD inserted, DCA configured all devices - THEN at the selection of the boot device - selected CD - getting DISK READ ERROR at sector 120. Can anyone help?!!!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: __kernelpanic
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 ADSL USB modem problem

Hi, I have USB Siemens Santis 100 ADSL modem.I need driver for this modem on Solaris 10.Please help me with some info.Platform is x86.Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Upravnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris And VMware

hello all I have prob with solaris 10 and vmware 5.5, 6.0 that befor it's good work and from yesterday when I try to add new vm in SCSI Controller from vmware it's Don't see any Hard Disk or controller when I used solaris 5 cd-cdrom and DVD version but when try to make vm with IDE controller... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
0 Replies

4. Solaris

vmware on solaris 10

pls can someone direct me on the vmware product that i can install on solaris 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

5. Solaris

problem network with solaris 10 & vmware

Hello The first sorry for mi bad english I install a solaris 10 on vmware. I follow the steps to configure the network, but i can't do work :( I follow the next steps: # vi hosts "hosts" 6 líneas, 82 caracteres # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost loghost workshop ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 on vmware wstation

l am trying to install solaris 9 on vmware workstation using iso dvd image. (downloaded). When the installation starts , it says "Network boot from AMD ....... client Mac addr:00 0C.... PXE-MOF: exiting intel PXE ROM.. Operating system not found.. I have vista on my laptop & iso image of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
10 Replies

7. SuSE

problem with vmware

Dear Friends, I have been working with vmware and it was working welll until few days ago. I am still able to log myself in and start the virtual windows. However, the network connection to the host computer is gone and I am not able to copy my files from vmware to the host machine. At the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chirag.joshi
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

problem with VMWare 7 1 4

Hi all I have a very big problem with ..... > VMWare Workstation 7.1.4 Closes abruptly >> If I do anything This video demonstrates the problem:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0OVSQY3LtI (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aonallah
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris on vmware rebooting itself

Hello Admins, I am facing an issue with Solaris system running/rebooting on vmware. It has VCS installed and configured. It is a 2nd node out of 3-node cluster. After long time I opened these 3 nodes to run. Rest 2 nodes are running OK. This 1 node is starting and rebooting itself. Attached... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 installed in vmware

I had no idea where I should post before i posting this . I have googled many many articles about how I share my host win 7 file into my vmware 9 solaris 10 system but what the solutions I found are all not work for me. for example VMware Communities: file sharing - Windows XP guest -...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSUUser
3 Replies
EHCI(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. BUGS
The driver is not finished and is quite buggy. There is currently no support for isochronous transfers. BSD March 20, 2005 BSD