Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with date Post 302150364 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 06:16:56 AM
Old 12-11-2007
Change

grep $a

to

grep "$a"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date problem

when you typed date it gives an output: Fri Apr 12 10:07:59 MET DST 2002 how can i adjust this settings so it should read: Fri Apr 12 10:07:59 GMT 2002 i've already search the forum but the answer was never completed. by the way my UNIX is in solaris 7... ;) thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the date help

Hi everybody I have a problem with a shell. It runs every night just once a night on my sun system. #!/bin/ksh export pfad_work=/usr/users/ftp/testdaten export pfad_daten=/u01/projects/iris_unix/inp_test_daten/data export pfad_term=/u01/projects/iris_unix/inp_test_term/data cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

small date problem

Hi there I currently use a line in a script ndate=$(date +"%d/%m/%Y") This obviously returns the date in a format i have chosen. However, I need to come up with a solution for weekends and as such need a way of returning todays date minus two days in the same format (24/11/2004) so for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in date

Hai, i need the date should be older than 30 days input 14-02-2006 output 15-01-2006 Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: readycpbala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple date problem

i have a script that grep for today date a=`date +"%F"`--------greps current/today date wat if suppose i want to grep a date for yesterday... how to do that using the above format: i,e 2008-01-20 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. AIX

problem with date

hi friends I am using AIX 5.2 version when ever i try to use echo $(date -d yesterday +"%Y%m%d") I am getting error as date: not recognized flag d please help me solve this. I wanted to find the next date from a given date. I tried using diff script but all of them failed at some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerspice
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time problem

Hi Guys, I have a file a.txt Start Date/Time End Date/Time from Prob_Dura. ----------------- ----------------- ----- ------ 20090525 23:58:59 20090526 00:00:00 machine1 000051 20090525 23:58:09 20090526 00:00:11 machine2 000150 The perl or shell script can: 1. remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Range problem

Hi , I need a function that verfies the given date is between start date and end date . I have written this but this not working if start date is 1900/01/01 Below is my code validateDate() { RC=$# if then return 0 else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

date problem

hi everyone i have another date problem i need to find out the last week number and in that last week i need to find out at what day monday comes. please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Problem

I have written a code in Linux environment which compares two dates and print "correct" if 1st date is less than 2nd date. But when I'm running the same code in SunOS environment, "date -d is an illegal format" is the error it is throwing. How different should my code be so that it executes well in... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandan_Bose
18 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)