Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with date Post 302150362 by ali560045 on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 05:59:27 AM
Old 12-11-2007
problem with date

i have a process
----------------------------------------------------------------------
pipe 1044528 1278036 4 Dec 07 - 58:23 java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -D_AppName=DBMaint com.eMeter.dbmaint.DBMaintAdapter /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/DBMaint.properties
root 1073166 1134628 0 Feb 25 - 5:47 java -Dcom.ibm.CORBA.Debug.Output=/tmp/orbtrc.txt -Djava.security.policy=/usr/perfagent/codebase/jtopasServer/policy -Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory -Djava.naming.provider.url=iiop://mdcadedn03:2279 jtopasServer.RMIServerImpl
root 1163406 1 0 Feb 25 - 5:46 /usr/java14/jre/bin/tnameserv -ORBInitialPort 2279
webapp 1183790 1 0 Dec 07 - 25:27 /usr/java5//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/conf/logging.properties -Xms64m -Xmx512m -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/common/endorsed -classpath :/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/bin/bootstrap.jar:/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/bin/commons-logging-api.jar -Dcatalina.base=/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15 -Dcatalina.home=/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15 -Djava.io.tmpdir=/ednadtu3/home/webapp/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
pipe 1421514 2285592 0 Dec 07 - 13:31 java -D_AppName=Interpolation -Xms256m -Xmx600m com.eMeter.PIPe.hydrofw.application.PropertiesBootstrap /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/Interpolation.properties
pipe 2900178 2769122 0 Dec 07 - 10:34 java -D_AppName=Cleaner1 com.eMeter.PIPe.cleaner.CleanerAdapter /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/Cleaner.properties -Dlog4j.appender.FileLog.File=/home/pipe/logs/Cleaner1.log
pipe 2969802 7311384 0 Dec 07 - 16:35 java -D_AppName=Archiver2 com.eMeter.archiver.Archiver /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/Archiver.properties -Dlog4j.appender.FileLog.File=/home/pipe/logs/Archiver2.log
pipe 3190978 1257656 0 Dec 07 - 30:31 java -D_AppName=DBSyncListener com.eMeter.dbmaint.DBMaintAdapter /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/DBSyncListener.properties
pipe 7151638 1482862 3 12:17:13 - 22:29 java -D_AppName=DBSyncControllerRerun com.eMeter.dbsync.server.DBSyncServer /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/DBSyncControllerRerun.properties
pipe 7217384 1749096 0 04:56:34 pts/2 0:00 grep java
pipe 7241914 3416152 0 Dec 07 - 16:23 java -D_AppName=Archiver1 com.eMeter.archiver.Archiver /home/pipe/conf/appProperties/Archiver.properties -Dlog4j.appender.FileLog.File=/home/pipe/logs/Archiver1.log
------------------------------------------------------------------------
and script

#!/bin/ksh

for i in DBSyncControllerRerun Archiver1 DBSyncListener Archiver2 Cleaner1 Interpolation
do
a=0
a=`date +"%h %d"`
ps -aef | grep java | grep $a | grep $i >> dates
done
---------------------------------------------------------------------
all the dates and time in the process are the startup time of those process.
Actually i want to grep those process according to their above mentioned dates and time.
but this script not working .its showing the o/p as:

grep: can't open 11
---------------------------------------------------------------------

how to grep date and time in this case................

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date problem

when you typed date it gives an output: Fri Apr 12 10:07:59 MET DST 2002 how can i adjust this settings so it should read: Fri Apr 12 10:07:59 GMT 2002 i've already search the forum but the answer was never completed. by the way my UNIX is in solaris 7... ;) thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the date help

Hi everybody I have a problem with a shell. It runs every night just once a night on my sun system. #!/bin/ksh export pfad_work=/usr/users/ftp/testdaten export pfad_daten=/u01/projects/iris_unix/inp_test_daten/data export pfad_term=/u01/projects/iris_unix/inp_test_term/data cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

small date problem

Hi there I currently use a line in a script ndate=$(date +"%d/%m/%Y") This obviously returns the date in a format i have chosen. However, I need to come up with a solution for weekends and as such need a way of returning todays date minus two days in the same format (24/11/2004) so for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in date

Hai, i need the date should be older than 30 days input 14-02-2006 output 15-01-2006 Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: readycpbala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple date problem

i have a script that grep for today date a=`date +"%F"`--------greps current/today date wat if suppose i want to grep a date for yesterday... how to do that using the above format: i,e 2008-01-20 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. AIX

problem with date

hi friends I am using AIX 5.2 version when ever i try to use echo $(date -d yesterday +"%Y%m%d") I am getting error as date: not recognized flag d please help me solve this. I wanted to find the next date from a given date. I tried using diff script but all of them failed at some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerspice
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time problem

Hi Guys, I have a file a.txt Start Date/Time End Date/Time from Prob_Dura. ----------------- ----------------- ----- ------ 20090525 23:58:59 20090526 00:00:00 machine1 000051 20090525 23:58:09 20090526 00:00:11 machine2 000150 The perl or shell script can: 1. remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Range problem

Hi , I need a function that verfies the given date is between start date and end date . I have written this but this not working if start date is 1900/01/01 Below is my code validateDate() { RC=$# if then return 0 else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

date problem

hi everyone i have another date problem i need to find out the last week number and in that last week i need to find out at what day monday comes. please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Problem

I have written a code in Linux environment which compares two dates and print "correct" if 1st date is less than 2nd date. But when I'm running the same code in SunOS environment, "date -d is an illegal format" is the error it is throwing. How different should my code be so that it executes well in... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandan_Bose
18 Replies
apache(1M)						  System Administration Commands						apache(1M)

NAME
apache - Apache hypertext transfer protocol server overview DESCRIPTION
apache consists of a main server daemon, loadable server modules, some additional support utilities, configuration files, and documenta- tion. FILES
The apache HTTPD server is integrated with Solaris. The following files specify the installation locations for apache: /etc/apache Contains server configuration files. A newly-installed server must be manually configured before use. Typically this involves copying httpd.conf-example to the httpd.conf file and making local configuration adjustments. /usr/apache/bin Contains the httpd executable as well as other utility programs. /usr/apache/htdocs Contains the Apache manual in HTML format. This documentation is accessible by way of a link on the server test page that gets installed upon fresh installation. /usr/apache/include Contains the Apache header files, which are needed for building various optional server extensions with apxs(8) /usr/apache/jserv Contains documention for the mod_jserv java servlet module. Documention can be read with a web browser using the url: file:/usr/apache/jserv/docs/index.html /usr/apache/libexec Contains loadable modules (DSOs) supplied with the server. Any modules which are added using apxs(8)are also copied into this directory. /usr/apache/man Contains man pages for the server, utility programs, and mod_perl. Add this directory to your MANPATH to read the Apache man pages. See NOTES. /usr/apache/perl5 Contains the modules and library files used by the mod_perl extension to Apache. /var/apache/cgi-bin Default location for the CGI scripts. This can be changed by altering the httpd.conf file and restarting the server. /var/apache/htdocs Default document root. This can be changed by altering the httpd.conf file and restarting the server. /var/apache/icons Icons used by the server. This normally shouldn't need to be changed. /var/apache/logs Contains server log files. The formats, names, and locations of the files in this directory can be altered by various configuration directives in the httpd.conf file. /var/apache/proxy Directory used to cache pages if the caching feature of mod_proxy is enabled in the httpd.conf file. The location of the cache can also be changed by changing the proxy configuration in the httpd.conf file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWapchr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWapchu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWapchd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) http://www.apache.org NOTES
In addition to the documentation and man pages included with Solaris, more information is available at http://www.apache.org The Apache man pages are provided with the programming modules. To view the manual pages for the Apache modules with the man command, add /usr/apache/man to the MANPATH environment variable. See man(1) for more information. Running catman(1M) on the Apache manual pages is not supported. SunOS 5.11 8 Aug 2000 apache(1M)