Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting question to build a shell script Post 302150253 by porter on Monday 10th of December 2007 07:26:39 PM
Old 12-10-2007
Have you looked at the message queue API?

What functions are appropriate to the client and which to the server?

How are you going to build the client and server?

How are you going to test the solution?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

build kernel ,question?

# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf # cp GENERIC LOVEPP # cd /usr/src # make buildkernel KERNCONF=LOVEPP make:don't know how to make buildkernel. Stop Any suggestions? (I am using Freebsd4.8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheep
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script question

Hi, I have a file say xmldir.conf. This is a flat file which contains the data in specific format not other then this. The format is /backup/surjya/mvfile,noeof /backup/surjya/mdbase,eof /backup/surjya/mdbaseso /backup/surjya/trial,hoeof /backup/surjya/test,eof The field before "," is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script question

Hello, i am doing a project for school and i cannot figure out whats wrong with my 2 programs they dont seem to work at all. the first program is called isprime and naturally it checks to see if hte number is prime or not here is my code: #!/usr/bin/bash num=$1 echo you typed if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbou1087
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build a string in shell script

Hi all, I had a typical problem. I am using a parameter PK="PK1 PK2 PK3" i need to build the string a.PK1=b.PK1 and a.PK2=b.PK2 and a.PK3=b.PK3 Please help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to build Shell Script to search content of a text file into a folder consist several files

Have to read one file say sourcefile containing several words and having another folder containing several files. Now read the first word of Sourcefile & search it into the folder consisting sevral files, and create another file with result. We hhave to pick the filename of the file in which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.baranwal
3 Replies

7. Linux

Linux Shared Library build question...

I'm a bit new to Linux systems programming. I've been programming at the systems level for over 20 years on various other platforms, but I'm not as familiar with the GCC toolchain as I'd like to be (but I'm learning quickly)...;)... Our target is an ARM-based Linux Embedded system. We're using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcossette
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to build directory tree and files

Hi all, I'm trying at the moment to write a shell script to build a directory tree and create files within the built directories. I've scoured through sites and text books and I just can't figure out how to go about it. I would assume that I need to use loops of some sort, but I can't seem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Libertad
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script question

I am getting error files missing. can anyone tell me I can able to read the file. Can you tell what the other part does? xargs -i test -f {} cat $S.file | uniq | xargs -i test -f {} || error_func "files(s) missing!" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)