Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Very small Shell Script Help... Post 302150147 by zaideeabu on Monday 10th of December 2007 09:57:37 AM
Old 12-10-2007
Hammer & Screwdriver Re: Very small Shell Script Help...

#!/usr/bin/ksh
if [[ $1 != "" ]]; then
ext=$1
else
echo "Not enough input arguments."
echo "Usage: basename $0 <extension_name>
exit
fi

if [[ ! -d $ext ]]; then
mkdir -p $ext
fi

mv *.$ext $ext/.

# untested... should work... Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script help

here is a small script: if ; then echo please enter an argument fi if [ "$1" = "tom"; then a=$1 echo $a fi here is my question. if the script name is j.sh and I run it : j.sh from shell prompt: without a parameter: it prints please enter an argument but if I go with . j.sh (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkl1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell - a small error! :(

# doloadsfs.sh - load scribe data into new SFS files for s in c e f h m do for f in 0001 0002 0003 0004 do hed -n ma$s.$f.sfs slink -isp -f 20000 c:/data/scribe/scribe/dr1/mt/ma$s/a${s}pa$f.pes \ ma$s.$f.sfs anload... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script

Hi, I am new to unix shell scripting. I just want a little script to check the no. of processes are equal to 8, then echo a successful message otherwise echo a unsuccessful message. Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is problem with this small shell script.. case statement related

Hi All, this small script is written to recognize user input character.. it is in small case .. upeer case or is a number... but when i input first capital letter say A.. it always gives small character.... what is the problem. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the character" read a case $a in )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnray31
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small shell script help required

Hi Guys, Please can some one explain me the below part of code. In this code what is the use of the line in Bold. COPY=0 if ; then echo "$CONF exists and is non-empty - backing it up" SUFFIX=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` echo "cp -p $CONF $CONF.$SUFFIX" cp -p $CONF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to debug a small shell script (maybe AWK problem)?

Hi Buddies, The following is shell scripts which was borrowed from linux box for load average check. it runs good. (this structure is simple, when load average is too high, it will send alert to user) #!/usr/bin/ksh # Set threshold for 1, 5 and 15 minture load avarage # configured for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
4 Replies

7. AIX

Need help in a small script

Hello all, could somebody help..? I have following 6 files (with white spaces in their names) This is file This is file1 This is file2 This is file3 This is file4 This is file5 This is file6 I tried to run the below script, and it did not give me desired ouput.. $ for i in `ls -1` >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a small shell script

Hello Forum members, Have a nice day. I have to write a script for the following below scenario. There are 3 applications located in home directory(ie xyz/app) which have multiple directories and files of diff format(.sh,log,other formats). Case 1: I have to find the hardcoded... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed with a small shell script!

I have a scenario where i need to look for files of these kind filename.log.0 filename.log.1 if the files are present, then no action is to be taken, if not found, then it shud create/touch files with the same name. so can anyone help constructing the script for me..appreciate ur help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
5 Replies
DH_XUL-EXT(1)						     mozilla-devscripts suite						     DH_XUL-EXT(1)

NAME
dh_xul-ext - calculate XUL extension dependencies SYNOPSIS
dh_xul-ext [options] DESCRIPTION
dh_xul-ext is a helper tool for packaging XUL extensions. It calculates the supported XUL applications for the packages that contain an install.rdf file. It will set the substitution variables xpi:Depends, xpi:Recommends, xpi:Breaks, xpi:Enhances, and xpi:Provides. Unknown options will be ignored. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a brief help message. -a, --all Expand substvars to all known XUL applications. If this parameter is not provided, substvars will only be expanded to the XUL appli- cations that are available on your distribution. Use this parameter if you want to create a package that can be installed on all Debian-based systems without recompiling. -p package, --package=package Calcalate the substvars only for the specified package. If this parameter is not provided, all package listed in the control file will be processed. -v, --verbose Print more information. ENVIRONMENT
DH_XUL_EXT_VENDOR The vendor (for example, Debian or Ubuntu) that should be used for calculating the dependencies. dpkg-vendor(1) will be used for determining the vendor if this environment variable is not set. Setting the variable to all will have the same effect than calling dh_xul-ext with --all. AUTHOR
Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> dh_xul-ext October 2011 DH_XUL-EXT(1)