Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to send a file in email Post 302150119 by dr46014 on Monday 10th of December 2007 07:38:07 AM
Old 12-10-2007
yes..i want the file to be attached in the mail..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email on script error

I need to start off by saying that I am not much of a programmer and know enough to cause lots of trouble. I've been writing this script to decrypt an XML feed, then parse the feed into a database. The script is executed from cron. #!/bin/sh PGPPATH=/path/to/directory echo "pgp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aslan_Eident
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send an email of script output

Hi All, I'm trying to send some file which generated by script to my email. when I run the script I'm getting an email. Thats fine. But it seems to be all messed up like below Memory Status on ServerA: Mem: 3867444k total, 862680k used, 3004764k free, 54456k buffers!! CPU Status on ServerA:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: If a file stays in a particular directory more than 30 min send an email

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement say i will receive a file in a directory say /xyz.if that file stays in that directory more than 30 min i need to get a mail to my outlook.this should run for every 20 min in crontab. can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email if new file is added when folder is updated

Hi, I have a script which updates a repository which is run manually. When this happens either no or new files will be added to a specific folder. If there are new files that have been added, an email needs to be sent. How can i check a folder for any new files after the update repos script has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create folder, copy file, and send email on success

I am very new to UNIX as well as scripting so please be gentle, haha. I have a Linux client which has a mount point mapped to my /etc folder on a NetApp FAS system. I woudl like to be able to copy the hosts and rc files once a week from the FAS to a different location for backup. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: minnino
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need little script to send out email

Hi Scripters, good day. bash-4.2# df -g /apps/prd Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/xxx 64.00 4.35 94% 1269284 8% /xxx bash-4.2# I was wondering if there is a script when the usage of the mountpoint above hit 98%, email would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email if "No such file or directory" in the shell script program log in EBS concur

Hi All, I have the below code(.sh) and need to send an email. #!/bin/bash cp /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat /u02/xxc_archive_incoming/AMER7764_ARPP_2/ cat /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat > /u02/xxc_incoming/XXC_TEST.dat rm /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat cd $XXC_TOP/bin sqlldr userid=apps/<pwd> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
12 Replies
praliases(1)							   User Commands						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - display system mail aliases SYNOPSIS
praliases [-C configfile] [-f aliasfile] [key] DESCRIPTION
The praliases utility displays system mail aliases. When no key is given, praliases displays the current system aliases, one per line, in no particular order. The form is key:value. If a key is given, only that key is looked up and the appropriate key:value is displayed if found. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C configfile Specifies a sendmail configuration file. -f aliasfile Reads the specified file aliasfile instead of the default sendmail system aliases file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: key A specific alias key to look up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/mail/aliases Default sendmail system aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.db Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.dir Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.pag /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailq(1), newaliases(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 2004 praliases(1)