Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to display an browser from ksh script Post 302150074 by porter on Monday 10th of December 2007 03:20:32 AM
Old 12-10-2007
provide

(a) information on which operating system

(b) which display manager/desktop you use

(c) which web browsers you have installed and wish to use

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML display timing problem under ksh script

Using a HTML page , i'm running a Unix ksh script with <a href=..>. The script contains loop like this : for i in do rsh..... done each rsh command is running quite long and then i would display results in HTML format but about 5mn my blank page waiting for result is running in error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nicol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display changing variable in one place on screen in ksh

Is it possible using just korn shell script to display a variable on the screen that is constantly changing in on place on the screen, to tell it in coordinates or something? In a loop, echo will print a new line each time, can I make it a static position? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the day of the given date-ksh

Hi friends, I need some urgent help on Dates in unix. I have a date say - "20080706", i need some command to display the day, here its sunday(06). Please help me out. FYI: I use Ksh. I/P - 20080706 O/P - Sunday (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divzz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run shell script from browser

my shell script is to reset user menu: #!/bin/ksh echo "Type in login id: \c" read username if then echo "....." echo "You have not entered any INPUT value." echo "...Goodbye..." sleep 10 exit else echo $username rm -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control browser from shell script

I have a browser running in a separate virtual terminal and would like to be able to send shortcut codes (e.g. ctrl+A) to the browser (and have it react) from a bash script in a separate virtual terminal. I need to keep the script in the separate virtual terminal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh script to display output with specific contents

This is Input - starts with Storage Group Name and ends with Shareable and the loop continues all I need is Storage group name and Alu numbers in the below output format requested. Storage Group Name: abcd Storage Group UID: 00:00:000:00:0:0:0 HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddysa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies
PROFILE-MANAGER(1)					      General Commands Manual						PROFILE-MANAGER(1)

NAME
profile-manager - starts the gui for configuring the metadata used by desktop-profiles SYNOPSIS
profile-manager DESCRIPTION
The desktop profiles package needs metadata about the available profiles in order to decide when to activate which profiles. This metadata is contained in the .listing files placed in the /etc/desktop-profiles directory. This convenience script will start a graphical interface for configuring that metadata. The gui is a kommander script, so you need to have the kommander package installed for the gui to work (the script will check if the neces- sary prerequisites are present, and tell you what's missing if necessary). OPTIONS
There are no options FILES
/etc/desktop-profiles/*.listing - Files containing the metadata about installed profiles BUGS
The gui currently barks at profile metadata containing a single quote in the description. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Cornelis <cobaco@skolelinux.no>. SEE ALSO
desktop-profiles(7), list-desktop-profiles(1), update-profile-cache(1) desktop-profiles May 07, 2005 PROFILE-MANAGER(1)