Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to display an browser from ksh script Post 302150057 by ali560045 on Monday 10th of December 2007 01:55:16 AM
Old 12-10-2007
how to display an browser from ksh script

hy,
i have an html file
file1.html

i want to display a browser i.e html file1 from a ksh script
-------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/ksh

----------------------------------------------\\
so can u tell me how to display file1.html as a browser.wat commnafddo i have to use

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML display timing problem under ksh script

Using a HTML page , i'm running a Unix ksh script with <a href=..>. The script contains loop like this : for i in do rsh..... done each rsh command is running quite long and then i would display results in HTML format but about 5mn my blank page waiting for result is running in error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nicol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display changing variable in one place on screen in ksh

Is it possible using just korn shell script to display a variable on the screen that is constantly changing in on place on the screen, to tell it in coordinates or something? In a loop, echo will print a new line each time, can I make it a static position? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the day of the given date-ksh

Hi friends, I need some urgent help on Dates in unix. I have a date say - "20080706", i need some command to display the day, here its sunday(06). Please help me out. FYI: I use Ksh. I/P - 20080706 O/P - Sunday (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divzz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run shell script from browser

my shell script is to reset user menu: #!/bin/ksh echo "Type in login id: \c" read username if then echo "....." echo "You have not entered any INPUT value." echo "...Goodbye..." sleep 10 exit else echo $username rm -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control browser from shell script

I have a browser running in a separate virtual terminal and would like to be able to send shortcut codes (e.g. ctrl+A) to the browser (and have it react) from a bash script in a separate virtual terminal. I need to keep the script in the separate virtual terminal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh script to display output with specific contents

This is Input - starts with Storage Group Name and ends with Shareable and the loop continues all I need is Storage group name and Alu numbers in the below output format requested. Storage Group Name: abcd Storage Group UID: 00:00:000:00:0:0:0 HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddysa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies
merge(1)																  merge(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [-Llabel1 [-Llabel3]] [-p] [-q] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result goes to standard output if -p is present, into file1 otherwise. merge is useful for combining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. An overlap occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. On a few older hosts where diff3 does not support the -E option, merge does not detect overlaps, and merely supplies the changed lines from file3. On most hosts, if overlaps occur, merge out- puts a message (unless the -q option is given), and includes both alternatives in the result. The alternatives are delimited as follows: <<<<<<< file1 lines in file1 ======= lines in file3 >>>>>>> file3 If there are overlaps, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. If the -L label1 and -L label3 options are given, the labels are output in place of the names file1 and file3 in overlap reports. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no overlaps, 1 for some overlaps, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Revision Number: 1.1.6.2; Release Date: 1993/10/07. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 by Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991 by Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1) merge(1)