Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to delete files with certain ext? Post 302149974 by Smiling Dragon on Sunday 9th of December 2007 02:57:29 PM
Old 12-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvirk
Thanks everyone. It worked.

Could also tell me how can I do the request where user have asked to remove all files from certain directory with .html extension.
rm <directory>/*.html (eg rm /dding/ting/tong/unixyang/output/*.html)

Or if it should recurse to find all html files in subdirectories too:

rm -r <directory>/*.html (be careful to type this correctly)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff on compressed files with tar.gz ext

how can I find out what is the difference between two tar.gz files without uncompressing them. thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with a ext. modem on SCO 5.0.5

I am fully capable of reading a book to get the answers or looking to the web, but no one has the answer to this one. I had a Zoom 56K V34 Plus external modem (2836A) attached to my Unix box for about ten years without a flaw. This weekend I couldn't access the box remotely through the modem and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scivic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checkingthe size of all the .txt , .ext files in all directories ..

hai, i am new to unix scripting & learning unix scripting and doing some assignments.... i have an assignment as follows, i want to check the size of the text file and .ext files in all directories, if any one of them is greater than 100mb , i have to display those files.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename files with .1,.2,.3 ....ext respectively

Hey Guys.... Just need some help as I am not proficient in Unix shell script... Doubt: --------------- Suppose there will be some of the following files inside a directory called OUT ... Path: - /appdb1/product/batch/rms/OUT files inside OUT directory:- POSU_75002_20090127_20090129035442... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Limitation on *.ext

Is there a size limit when passing an argument using wildcards? I.E. when I pass an argument in the form (like) "ftp_auto *.txt" - is there a limitation on the size of UNIX expanding "*.txt" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

du -s *.ext (total)

How would I get a total of a wildcard of files from the 'du' command? du -s *.pdf Result: 736 11mens_bracket.pdf 64 2011_NIT_Bracket_3_13_11.pdf 80 Doing more with Less part1.pdf 1064 Doing more with Less part2.pdf 28 Parkview_1309_Garage.pdf 3964 statsheet-bracket-2011.pdf Expected... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively *.ext files using find

HI, Getting the syntax error " find: missing conjunction" for the below code D1_DIR=/x/y/z D1_NAME=file_name FILE_DIR=pset for file in `find ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME} -name "*\.${FILE_DIR}" /dev/null {} \;` do echo $file done #Trying to find all the files with *.pset... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ext File

I have a log file that I want to extract the field name and the field value and write them to a text file for importation it a database table for reporting purposes. How can I extract the desired data from this file . Example: dbt_dbid=4 dbt_dbid is the field name 4 is the field value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log ext

I have a script that does log rotation, at 10000k, it will print out the logs as follows: name.date.0.log(1gb) name.date.1.log(1gb) name.date.2.log(200mb) << current log being written to at midnight it reverts back to : name.date.0.log(size) I want it to be able to go past date.9.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies
gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)						   User Commands					     gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-launch-ext-0.8, gst-launch-ext - run a predefined GStreamer pipeline SYNOPSIS
gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] gst-launch-ext filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 runs a basic predefined GStreamer pipeline, and prints the name of the pipeline. gst-launch-ext-0.8 is only used as a quick test to ensure that codecs and GStreamer work properly. gst-launch-ext-0.8 does not handle more advanced features such as synchro- nization. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext-0.8 and gst-launch-ext: gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the GStreamer pipeline to run. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 can be configured by creating a .gst file in your home directory. This PERL-style configuration file can override the default values for audio and video output sinks. The following example .gst file implements the same defaults as those hard-coded in the script: AUDIOSINK = osssink VIDEOSINK = ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink You can change osssink to esdsink, alsasink, or sunaudiosink, and you can change xvimagesink to ximagesink, aasink, or sdlvideosink. You must have the appropriate plugin installed on the system to use the specified output sink. Other GStreamer plug-ins can also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching a GStreamer Pipeline example% gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-launch-ext-Executable to run a predefined GStreamer pipeline ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)