Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl cgi form action target
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl cgi form action target Post 302149916 by garric on Sunday 9th of December 2007 12:07:16 AM
Old 12-09-2007
The HTML looks right. Its here below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US"><head><title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300" />
</head><body><form method="post" action="/CSDADM/updateUser.pl" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" target="cmxiframe" style="font-size: 9pt; color: #202020 ; font-family: Verdana" title="Updateuser">
&nbsp;&nbsp;<p /><p /><p /><b>Choose pool : </b>&nbsp;<select name="pool">
<option value=""></option>

<option value="ipf_64g">ipf_64g</option>
<option value="md_alt">md_alt</option>
<option value="md_pnr">md_pnr</option>
<option value="rls">rls</option>
<option value="vesta">vesta</option>
</select>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<p /><b>Enter User &nbsp; : </b>&nbsp;<textarea name="user" rows="1" cols="15" style="background-color: transparent">hkn</textarea>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<p /><b>Choose operation : </b><input type="radio" name="operation" value="add " checked="checked" />add <input type="radio" name="operation" value=" remove" /> remove<p /><input type="submit" name="Update user" value="Update user" /><div><input type="hidden" name=".cgifields" value="operation" /></div></form><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="70%"><tr><td valign="top" halign="right" width="70%"><iframe id="cmxiframe" name="cmxiframe" src="/CSDADM/blankPage.pl" width=600 height=200 frameborder=0 scrolling=no style="overflow:visible"></iframe></td></tr></table></body></html></body></html>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML form to cgi help

I wrote a script to automate user account verification against peoplesoft. Now I want to make it available to my peers via the web. It is running on Solaris. I have the form written, but am not sure how to make it work. I think the form should call a perl cgi when submitted. The cgi should call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

2. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: One action if an element doesn't exist in array

Hello, I want to run one (not multiple) action if an element doesn't exist in array. for example: @array = (1..10); foreach $el (@array) { if ($el != 11) { print "number not found\n"; } } the output of this simple script: number not found (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
3 Replies

4. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform an action if certain text exist in output (PERL)

Hello, I'm attempting to write a tool that checks an IP address for existing PTR records then if there are no PTR records does a ping to see if it response. Then if there is no response, it should print a message saying This is what I have so far. #!/usr/bin/perl $nxdomain =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cgi to dump xml data from form input field

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which takes parse the web form find the input field and dump the data of that field into one xml file. The form looks like, <input type="button" id="btnSave" value="Save" onclick="saveXmlData()"/> <form name="submitForm"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdp
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Perl CGI

I am trying to get my MacBook Pro with 10.8 Mt Lion set up to run Perl CGI scripts. Having a problem. I can start Apache Web Server with no problems. Why do I put the static and dynamic scripts? I which directory? I have looked at this article:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
3 Replies
cgi_parse(3)							     cgi/cgi.h							      cgi_parse(3)

NAME
cgi_parse - Parse incoming CGI data SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgi.h> NEOERR *cgi_parse (CGI *cgi); ARGUMENTS
cgi - a pointer to a CGI pointer DESCRIPTION
We split cgi_init into two sections, one that parses just the basics, and the second is cgi_parse. cgi_parse is responsible for parsing the entity body of the HTTP request. This payload is typically only sent (expected) on POST/PUT requests, but generally this is called on all incoming requests. This function walks the list of registered parse callbacks (see cgi_register_parse_cb), and if none of those matches or handles the request, it handlers: POST w/ application/x-www-form-urlencoded POST w/ application/form-data PUT w/ any content type In general, if there is no Content-Length, then cgi_parse ignores the payload and doesn't raise an error. RETURN VALUE
Either data populated into files and cgi->hdf, or whatever other side effects of your own registered callbacks. SEE ALSO
cgi_debug_init(3), cgi_parse(3), cgi_destroy(3), cgi_js_escape(3), cgi_html_escape_strfunc(3), cgi_register_strfuncs(3), cgi_output(3), parse_rfc2388(3), cgi_url_validate(3), open_upload(3), cgi_cs_init(3), cgi_url_escape_more(3), cgi_html_strip_strfunc(3), cgi_neo_error(3), cgi_redirect(3), cgi_filehandle(3), cgi_register_parse_cb(3), cgi_url_escape(3), cgi_init(3), cgi_redirect_uri(3), cgi_cookie_clear(3), cgi_url_unescape(3), cgi_vredirect(3), cgi_display(3), cgi_html_ws_strip(3), cgi_error(3), cgi_cookie_set(3), cgi_text_html_strfunc(3), cgi_cookie_authority ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgi_parse(3)