Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disconnecting a telnet session Post 302149880 by reborg on Saturday 8th of December 2007 03:32:47 PM
Old 12-08-2007
usually
Code:
^]   ( ctrl + ] )
close

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Find the IP address that a telnet session uses

Hello Experts, Happy New Year to all of us, In AIX 4.3.3 I am trying to figure out how is possible to find out the IP address that a telnet session - user uses to login in to host machine. My objective is by finding the login IP address to allow the user to login or not. All users uses the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sszago
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet session timeout

hi, we can set something such that if the user has been idle for a while, it will auto disconnect. where to do so? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet session does not expire

Dear friends.. Our project has a module that runs on handheld devices. Through the handheld we telnet to solaris where the application actually runs. I noticed that after starting a session through the handheld, if i go out of range or if i remove and replace the battery in the handheld, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepsteptom
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Session

{ sleep 2 echo "$user" sleep 2 echo "$password" sleep 2 echo " ls" sleep 10 echo "exit" }| telnet $server I have a machine x and i have executed the above script on machine 'x'. i entered the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Telnet session

Hi Is there any way whilst in a telnet session you can view your client machine name that you are using to connect to the Unix box ? :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Session to AIX

Hello, I have AIX 5.3 at home connected to netgear router. Port Forwarding has been enabled on the router. Problem is that if I want to telnet, I have to try 2 or 3 times before I can get a logon prompt. It times out for first or second time (Connection to session <IP_Address> failed: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluebee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash telnet session logging

I'm looking at allowing remote telnet into my server. like any security-minded administrator, I want to log what my users type on the telnet session. I'm using the script command to generate transcripts of the users session. I have /etc/profile set to automatically start the script command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnet
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

9. Solaris

M5000 XSCF Console disconnecting when putty session is closed

Hi, I would appreciate some help. I remotely access, across a VPN, an M5000 and when I connect to the XSCF I can then access the OS using console -d0 and then I can get to the console. The problem I have is that I need to run something which will take many hours and I can't run it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
6 Replies
term::ansi::code::ctrl(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::code::ctrl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::code::ctrl - ANSI control sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::code ?0.1? package require term::ansi::code::ctrl ?0.1.1? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::names ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::eeol ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::esol ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::el ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ed ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::eu ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::es ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sd ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::su ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ch ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sca ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rca ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::st ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ct ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cat ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::qdc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::qds ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::qcp ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rd ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::elw ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::dlw ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::eg ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::lg ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::scs0 tag ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::scs1 tag ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda arg... ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgblack ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgred ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fggreen ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgyellow ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgblue ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgmagenta ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgcyan ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgwhite ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgdefault ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgblack ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgred ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bggreen ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgyellow ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgblue ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgmagenta ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgcyan ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgwhite ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgdefault ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bold ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_dim ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_italic ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_underline ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_blink ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_revers ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_hidden ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_strike ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nobold ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_noitalic ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nounderline ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_noblink ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_norevers ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nohidden ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nostrike ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_reset ::term::ansi::send::fcp row col ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cu ?n? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cd ?n? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cf ?n? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cb ?n? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ss ?s e? ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::skd code str ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::title str ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::gron ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::groff ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::tlc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::trc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::brc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::blc ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ltj ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ttj ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rtj ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::btj ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::fwj ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::hl ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::vl ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::groptim str ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::clear ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::init ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::showat row col text _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides symbolic names for the ANSI control sequences. For each sequence a single command is provided which returns the sequence as its result. None of the commands of this package write to a channel; that is handled by higher level packages, like term::ansi::send. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. SEQUENCES ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::eeol Erase (to) End Of Line ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::esol Erase (to) Start Of Line ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::el Erase (current) Line ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ed Erase Down (to bottom) ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::eu Erase Up (to top) ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::es Erase Screen ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sd Scroll Down ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::su Scroll Up ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ch Cursor Home ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sc Save Cursor ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rc Restore Cursor (Unsave) ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sca Save Cursor + Attributes ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rca Restore Cursor + Attributes ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::st Set Tab (@ current position) ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ct Clear Tab (@ current position) ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cat Clear All Tabs ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::qdc Query Device Code ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::qds Query Device Status ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::qcp Query Cursor Position ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rd Reset Device ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::elw Enable Line Wrap ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::dlw Disable Line Wrap ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::eg Enter Graphics Mode ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::lg Exit Graphics Mode ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::scs0 tag Set default character set ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::scs1 tag Set alternate character set Select Character Set. Choose which character set is used for either default (scs0) or alternate font (scs1). This does not change whether default or alternate font are used, only their definition. The legal tags, and their meanings, are: A United Kingdom Set B ASCII Set 0 Special Graphics 1 Alternate Character ROM Standard Character Set 2 Alternate Character ROM Special Graphics ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda arg... Set Display Attributes. The arguments are the code sequences for the possible attributes, as provided by the package term::ansi::code::attr. For convenience this package also provides additional commands each setting a single specific attribute. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgblack Set text color to Black. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgred Set text color to Red. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fggreen Set text color to Green. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgyellow Set text color to Yellow. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgblue Set text color to Blue. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgmagenta Set text color to Magenta. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgcyan Set text color to Cyan. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgwhite Set text color to White. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_fgdefault Set default text color (Black). ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgblack Set background to Black. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgred Set background to Red. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bggreen Set background to Green. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgyellow Set background to Yellow. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgblue Set background to Blue. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgmagenta Set background to Magenta. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgcyan Set background to Cyan. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgwhite Set background to White. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bgdefault Set default background (Transparent). ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_bold Bold on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_dim Dim on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_italic Italics on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_underline Underscore on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_blink Blink on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_revers Reverse on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_hidden Hidden on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_strike Strike-through on. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nobold Bold off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_noitalic Italics off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nounderline Underscore off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_noblink Blink off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_norevers Reverse off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nohidden Hidden off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_nostrike Strike-through off. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::sda_reset Reset all attributes to their default values. ::term::ansi::send::fcp row col Force Cursor Position (aka Go To). ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cu ?n? Cursor Up. n defaults to 1. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cd ?n? Cursor Down. n defaults to 1. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cf ?n? Cursor Forward. n defaults to 1. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::cb ?n? Cursor Backward. n defaults to 1. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ss ?s e? Scroll Screen (entire display, or between rows start end, inclusive). ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::skd code str Set Key Definition. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::title str Set the terminal title. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::gron Switch to character/box graphics. I.e. switch to the alternate font. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::groff Switch to regular characters. I.e. switch to the default font. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::tlc Character graphics, Top Left Corner. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::trc Character graphics, Top Right Corner. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::brc Character graphics, Bottom Right Corner. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::blc Character graphics, Bottom Left Corner. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ltj Character graphics, Left T Junction. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::ttj Character graphics, Top T Junction. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::rtj Character graphics, Right T Junction. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::btj Character graphics, Bottom T Junction. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::fwj Character graphics, Four-Way Junction. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::hl Character graphics, Horizontal Line. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::vl Character graphics, Vertical Line. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::groptim str Optimize character graphics. The generator commands above create way to many superfluous commands shifting into and out of the graphics mode. This command removes all shifts which are not needed. To this end it also knows which characters will look the same in both modes, to handle strings created outside of this package. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::clear Clear screen. In essence a sequence of CursorHome + EraseDown. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::init Initialize default and alternate fonts to ASCII and box graphics. ::term::ansi::code::ctrl::showat row col text Format the block of text for display at the specified location. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, attribute control, color control, control, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::ctrl(n)