Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing "END" before a new loop in AWK Post 302149808 by reborg on Friday 7th of December 2007 05:32:10 PM
Old 12-07-2007
As always when asking for help with data formatting, post samples of input and desired output, along with what in the input corresponds with what in the output.

As a guess because I'm, not sure exactly what is wanted:

Code:
awk '$1 == "seed" { if ( filename )  { print "END" > filename ;  close(filename)} ; filename = $2 ".out" } { print > filename } END { print "END" > filename }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append "awk command" to the end of each line

hi; this is my qqq.mos: l ./gcsw 86.0.0.1 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=860 Tilt 861;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.2 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=862 Tilt 863;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.3 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=864 Tilt 865;l-' ... i want to append;l nawk 'NR==14 && $NF!="Set."{print "l ./gcsw "r"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get values from 2 files - Complex "for loop and if" awk problem

Hi everyone, I've been thinking and trying/changing all day long the below code, maybe some awk expert could help me to fix the for loop I've thought, I think I'm very close to the correct output. file1 is: <boxes content="Grapes and Apples"> <box No.="Box MT. 53"> <quantity... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "for" loop within "awk"

Hi Team. I am trying to execute a simple for loop within an awk but its giving a different result. Below is the main code: awk '{for(i=1;i<=6;i++) print $i}'The result should be 1 2 3 4 5 6 but its not giving this result. Can someone please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: Performing "for" loop within text block with two files

I am hoping to pull multiple strings from one file and use them to search within a block of text within another file. File 1PS001,001 HLK PS002,004 MWQ PS004,002 RXM PS004,006 DBX PS004,006 SBR PS005,007 ML PS005,009 DBR PS005,011 MR PS005,012 SBR PS006,003 RXM PS006,003 >SJ PS006,010... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
11 Replies
NSEQ(1) 							      OpenSSL								   NSEQ(1)

NAME
nseq - create or examine a netscape certificate sequence SYNOPSIS
openssl nseq [-in filename] [-out filename] [-toseq] DESCRIPTION
The nseq command takes a file containing a Netscape certificate sequence and prints out the certificates contained in it or takes a file of certificates and converts it into a Netscape certificate sequence. COMMAND OPTIONS
-in filename This specifies the input filename to read or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename specifies the output filename or standard output by default. -toseq normally a Netscape certificate sequence will be input and the output is the certificates contained in it. With the -toseq option the situation is reversed: a Netscape certificate sequence is created from a file of certificates. EXAMPLES
Output the certificates in a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in nseq.pem -out certs.pem Create a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in certs.pem -toseq -out nseq.pem NOTES
The PEM encoded form uses the same headers and footers as a certificate: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- A Netscape certificate sequence is a Netscape specific form that can be sent to browsers as an alternative to the standard PKCS#7 format when several certificates are sent to the browser: for example during certificate enrollment. It is used by Netscape certificate server for example. BUGS
This program needs a few more options: like allowing DER or PEM input and output files and allowing multiple certificate files to be used. 0.9.7a 2000-01-20 NSEQ(1)