Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: last char from a string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting last char from a string Post 302149798 by broli on Friday 7th of December 2007 03:41:34 PM
Old 12-07-2007
i dont know about that case, i will have to run some tests, but i have a feeling it can give me some false positives, can i use a regular expr ? so i can make it ^.*/$ or ^.*/\*$,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compare Char to String

This is actually a c++ question... Basically I am creating a program that asks for five characters. I have a dictionary file containing tons of words no long than five letters long, on a seperate line. I want to be able to take the five inputted letters and compare them to the words in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string of 7 char length always...

Hi, I know, particular value in the variable should always be of lenth 7 , but the value that is present in thevariable might be of any no.of characters less than or equal to 7... if the no.of characters in the variable is less than 7, I want to add, zeroes at the starting of the field.. How can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
3 Replies

3. Programming

replacing char with string

how we can replace char with a string example char *a="a.s" so finally what i ant to do raplace a with ant and s sree so in my array a i want to store the value as "ant.sree" thank u in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get number char from a string

for example: i hav a string like : /rmsprd/arch01/rmsprd/rmsprdarch72736.log how I can extract my_num=72736? I know I can echo "/rmsprd/arch01/rmsprd/rmsprdarch72736.log" | tr "/" " " | awk '{ print $4 }' to get rmsprdarch72736.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing char string

I am stumped! I need to parse an input parameter to a script that has the form '-Ort'. I basically need 'O', 'r' and 't', i.e. the individual characters in the string parsed. Since there are no delimiters, I don't know how awk could do this. Can someone tell how to do this, this should be a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print only selected char in a string..?

Hi, I want to print particular chars in a string. for example ie., consider " dear,. roopa$#09%~`';']" as the example string. Here, I want to print only alphanumeric chars.. suppose , if i want only alphanumeric... value would be "dear roopa09" suppose , if i want some spl char(,) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through every char in a string

for example this string: gLZMQp8i Loop become easy if we add space between each char, How to do it? or other solutions are welcome. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

8. Programming

PERL \c char in the string

Hi guys, I am stuck up in a situation. I have a SUN box with certain logs which I need to parse to draw a report using Perl. Now, when I load the text file using a perl degugger to see how the text looks like when the first line of the log file is read in a variable. below is the snapshot of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
2 Replies

9. Programming

Cast from String to char

Hello, This is my code: i'd like to like to add getenv("MYLIB") in the first case of my buffer inside of '1' , should i do the cast ? and how please ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

10. Programming

C++ Using open on a string instead of char*

I am using ifstream to open a file using std::fstream::open void open ( const char * filename, ios_base::openmode mode = ios_base::in ); However I want to use a string instead of a char* as follows but having a problem on how to do this string val_ifmodl = “fred.modl” ifstream ifs_modl;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
if(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							     if(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
if - Execute scripts conditionally SYNOPSIS
if expr1 ?then? body1 elseif expr2 ?then? body2 elseif ... ?else? ?bodyN? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The if command evaluates expr1 as an expression (in the same way that expr evaluates its argument). The value of the expression must be a boolean (a numeric value, where 0 is false and anything is true, or a string value such as true or yes for true and false or no for false); if it is true then body1 is executed by passing it to the Tcl interpreter. Otherwise expr2 is evaluated as an expression and if it is true then body2 is executed, and so on. If none of the expressions evaluates to true then bodyN is executed. The then and else arguments are optional "noise words" to make the command easier to read. There may be any number of elseif clauses, including zero. BodyN may also be omitted as long as else is omitted too. The return value from the command is the result of the body script that was executed, or an empty string if none of the expressions was non-zero and there was no bodyN. EXAMPLES
A simple conditional: if {$vbl == 1} { puts "vbl is one" } With an else-clause: if {$vbl == 1} { puts "vbl is one" } else { puts "vbl is not one" } With an elseif-clause too: if {$vbl == 1} { puts "vbl is one" } elseif {$vbl == 2} { puts "vbl is two" } else { puts "vbl is not one or two" } Remember, expressions can be multi-line, but in that case it can be a good idea to use the optional then keyword for clarity: if { $vbl == 1 || $vbl == 2 || $vbl == 3 } then { puts "vbl is one, two or three" } SEE ALSO
expr(n), for(n), foreach(n) KEYWORDS
boolean, conditional, else, false, if, true Tcl if(n)