Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying the data from the select query in a particular format Post 302149759 by manas_ranjan on Friday 7th of December 2007 08:17:12 AM
Old 12-07-2007
hey
if you want to put your desired format in .txt file ,

then

change the following line in the script
database_retrieve_script.sh

HTML Code:
# replacing LOGFILE="databaseRetrieve.log to"
LOGFILE="databaseRetrieve.txt"
and as earlier retriveData.sql has
HTML Code:
select '$'||ColumnName1||'$'||ColumnName2 from <retrieveTable>;
then run database_retrieve_script.sh.
and then check databaseRetrieve.txt ....

hopes i understood your query ????????Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the data retrived by a select query into variables?

Hi Friends, Can u please help mw with the following query . I need to run a database sql statement to select particular fields from a table.I need to store the retrieved filed values into variables so that i can print it in a specific format. But the particular select query retrieves more... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help (Select query)

Dear All, This may sound a simple query but a non technical person like me is not able to do it, So please help me out. I m using Unix... isql I jst wanted to do something like following select * from xyz where ID= xxxxxxxx (8 digit ID) Here if i put single 8 digit ID then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topgear1000cc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data - urgent pls

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data and put in a .csv file using korn shell. Pls help me as its very urgent. Thanks, Hema. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Postgresql Select Query to Variable

How to redirect postgresql select query to a variable using shell scripts? I tried to use psql -c "select ip from servers" db | egrep '+\.+\+\+' | sed 's/^ *\(.*\) *$/\1/' Output: 10.10.10.180 10.10.10.181 It display ip addresses from the databasem, but how could i redirect the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies
html2pdbtxt(1)						      General Commands Manual						    html2pdbtxt(1)

NAME
html2pdbtxt - HTML to Doc Text converter for Palm Pilots SYNOPSIS
html2pdbtxt [ -bchars ] [ -ttitle ] [ -uURL ] file.html [ file.txt ] html2pdbtxt -v DESCRIPTION
html2pdbtxt converts HTML to text suitable for conversion to a Doc(4) file via txt2pdbdoc(1). If no text filename is given, the generated text is sent to standard output. HTML Tags The following HTML tags (and corresponding ending tags) are recognized: ADDRESS, A NAME, BLOCKQUOTE, BR, CENTER, DIV, DL, DT, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, OL, OPTION, PRE, P, SELECT, SCRIPT, STYLE, TABLE, TITLE, UL. In all cases, the most ``reasonable'' thing is done given the constraints of the Doc(4) format which is essentially plain text. ALT attributes (typically found in IMG tags) have their text extracted and placed between brackets [like this]. All other HTML tags are stripped. Character Entities Both HTML character and numeric (decimal and hexadecimal) entity references are converted to their byte value according to the ISO 8859-1 (Latin 1) character set so they appear properly on the Pilot. For example, ``r&eacute;sum&#233;'' becomes ``resume'' with accented letter 'e's. Document Title Unless specified with the -t option, the HTML file is scanned for <TITLE> ... </TITLE> tags and, if found, the title is extracted and put on line 1 of the generated file. Bookmarks Bookmarks are placed into the generated file wherever <A NAME="..."> tags are found in the HTML file. OPTIONS
-bchars Specify the character sequence that is to serve as the bookmark indicator. The default is (*). (See the CAVEATS.) -ttitle Specify the title of the document that is to appear on line 1 of the generated file overriding any title found inside the HTML file between <TITLE> ... </TITLE> tags. -uurl Specify the URL the HTML file supposedly came from and put it on the line after the title, if any, in the generated file. -v Print the version number to standard output and exit. EXAMPLE
To convert an HTML file to Doc: html2pdbtxt -u http://www.wonderland.org/ alice.html alice.txt txt2pdbdoc "`head -1 alice.txt`" alice.txt alice.pdb CAVEATS
1. Some Doc readers have a ``feature'' whereby, during the scan for bookmarks phase, they recognize the bookmark sequence of characters anywhere in the text and not just at the beginning of a line. 2. Some Doc readers do not allow the bookmark sequence to contain the > character since they interpret that as the sequence delimiter, e.g., <->> will be interpreted as the sequence being merely -. 3. Ordered lists (via the OL tag) are treated as unordered lists (like the UL tag) because it would greatly complicate the code since it would have to be parsed rather than simple substitutions being performed. SEE ALSO
pdbtxt2html(1), txt2pdbdoc(1), doc(4), pdb(4) International Standards Organization. ``ISO 8859-1: Information Processing -- 8-bit single-byte coded graphic character sets -- Part 1: Latin alphabet No. 1.'' 1987. World Wide Web Consortium. ``Character entity references in HTML 4.0.'' HTML 4.0 Specification, http://www.w3.org/ AUTHOR
Paul J. Lucas <pauljlucas@mac.com> html2pdbtxt January 21, 2005 html2pdbtxt(1)