Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to send contents of a file to email as a message Post 302149753 by ali560045 on Friday 7th of December 2007 07:53:31 AM
Old 12-07-2007
thanks now i m getting the message but after that i have written some messages
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
This Attachment contains the list of all the Applications Running Currently on
mdcaedn03.tu.com

Thanks
Ali Naveed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
above one its not displaying, can u tell me the syntax

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email message if file size > 0 bytes

I want to create a script that emails a file created by Informix Ace if the file size is > 0. It is a list of exceptions. No exceptions...no message This does not work: THESIZE=`ls -lA /tmp/ds_treo.txt | awk -F' ' '{print $5}'` if then (cat $DSDIR/ds_treo.txt) | mail -s "Treo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poste_d_ordure
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send-file /var/log/message

Hello All i need Shell Script to send /var/log/message or another if he have or grep this file to have some info like PID or value (e.g like NFS mount - stop ) to some body in my System Thanks for Advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sending email(to include contents of text file)

Hello, I was using a shell script for sending contents of a text file(email.report) to different users. I was using the below command in my script to send email... cat email.report | /usr/bin/mailx -s $REQ_SUBJECT -h 5 abc@xyz.com It was working fine all these days but now all of a sudden it... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL

So I was just wondering... Is there a way to send a file directly to the computer..... Ive never gotten the answer and I want to know how, I keep running in to a wall :wall:. Why you may ask, well really for security reasons due to the fact that if this is done via a port I want to make sure to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies
LR_GETBODY.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					  LR_GETBODY.IN(1)

NAME
lr_getbody - Extract file, sender and subject information from an email SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_getbody [-c content-type] <messagefile>` DESCRIPTION
lr_getbody reads an email message on stdin (or specified as argument), will extract the submitter address and the subject from that email. It will also extract the biggest attachment or the first one having a content-type matching the content-type argument. This information is passed to the caller by printing that information in a format suitable for eval. The following variable will be printed on STDOUT: lr_getbody_SUBMITTER Email address of the submitter. That is the first email that is found in the headers (searched in the following order): Reply-To, From, Sender. This will only contains the address portion (without the <>). lr_getbody_TO The email address to which the email was sent. lr_getbody_SUBJECT Subject of the message. That string is sanitized. lr_getbody_DATE The date of the message. That string is sanitized. lr_getbody_FILE Path to the temporary file holding the found attachment. lr_getbody_OK This will be set if the operation was completed successfully. It is possible for lr_getbody to fail to extract the attachment, but the header information might still be available. This script is used by lr_processmail(1) and lr_rawmail2mail(1). VERSION
$Id: lr_getbody.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_GETBODY.IN(1)