Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp dir and pwd commands
Special Forums IP Networking ftp dir and pwd commands Post 302149752 by sumitpandya on Friday 7th of December 2007 07:53:11 AM
Old 12-07-2007
Yes you are right. As FTP control and data connections are different it is possible that firewall is not doing FTP "specific" NAT/Proxy.
In such cases working in "passive" mode FTP helps.
Before tranmission just type "passive" command on ftp> prompt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP a dir

What is the command needed to FTP a full dir including sub folders and files, at unix command line level, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shansen
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Enable PWD command on anonymous FTP?

Hello everyone - First post here, I'm trying to connect to an anonymous ftp server and I am told by the server admin that I cannot have access to the "print working directory" command. I need to have access to this command in order for my (and my clients) preferred ftp client to connect. (the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: HiredGun79
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP access to my Tomcat Dir

Hi Guys, Im trying to set up FTP to my Apache Tomcat dir on my server so my web designer can FTP in and look at things in a live environment. However at first I couldn't write to the dir, so i change some permissions, and now I cant access it at all! Here is my LS -all output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boarderstu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pwd & cd commands not working in shell script

Here is my script #!/bin/bash pwd cd /var/lib/pgsql Both "pwd" and "cd" are not executed is there any other way i can change the current working directory to /var/lib/pgsql pls help! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/}

Can anyone explain this in detail ... echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/} Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to change pwd during logging on ftp server?

Dear All, Could I change password while login in to ftp server(solaris 10)? I tried to use fileZilla and command prompt(window) to change my password but It can't. Do you have any suggestion ? Ps. I can't telnet and ssh to the server because of poicy for ftpuser. Thank in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying dir (and sub dir) file names from ftp server to txt file in diff server

Hey all, i want to copy only the file names from an ftp server (directory and all sub directory) to a text file in another server (non ftp), i.e. i want to recursively move through directories and copy only the names to a text file. any help is appreciated...thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deking
1 Replies

8. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using DIR command in FTP

Hi, Can the below command will be working in FTP dir */*/*/*.zip I want to dynamically know the folder names where the zipfiles are present. Thnx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp login commands

Hello, I am using ftp on command line. The problem is getting bumped off after 15 minutes of no activity.. I have two options: quit ftp and use the command history of my shell, or stay in ftp and use 'open' command, where I can use the command history saved in the ftp program. Either option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)