Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in Case Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in Case Command Post 302149751 by ramkrix on Friday 7th of December 2007 07:47:40 AM
Old 12-07-2007
Question

I hope this will work. Please reply whether it has worked or not

x=`who am i`
opt=`echo ${x} | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f1`
case $opt in
unix) sed 's/unix/UNX/g'

See the in the tr -s command, with in the quotes I have included 4 spaces.. It might not be clearly visible for you once my reply is submitted

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Case statement/sed command

The file dbnames.txt has 5 columns, what i'm trying to do is that when the fifth column equals A, store in the variable "access" the word, "admin access". If it equals B, then "business access" etc. I think their is a problem with my sed command, because it is not substibstituting the words... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ross_one
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

case command inside awk/nawk

well I found lot of topics about awk..about if command in awk.. but I had to implement this: nawk -F"|" ' $47 ~ /0R0011/ { print > ("/home/user/M/MC.tmp" )} $47 ~ /0R0012/ { print > ("/home/user/M/DuSI.tmp" )} $47 ~ /0R0014/ { print > ("/home/user/M/FF.tmp" )} $47 ~ /0R0018/ { print >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Including case insensitivity into loop command

I have the following piece of code: for file in *csv; do cat $file >> $newfile; done for file in *CSV; do cat $file >> $newfile; done and would like to know how to combine these two rules into one? The combined rule would then include the case insensitivity that I am looking for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more command case insensitive search ?

Hello, How do I set case insensitive search mode while the file is open with more command ? (I know -i option which could be used before opening) thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sed command case insensitive

i have something like this in a file cat onlytables.sql create table NextID ( id int auto_increment, zoneID int, entityName varchar(64), nextID int, lastModified TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, primary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for a case insensitive search

Hi All, What is the command to search a file for a case-insensitive match 1.grep -nc text filename 2.grep -i text filename 3.grep -i filename text 4.grep -nc filename text 5.grep -c text filename Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case conversion within a command

Hi All, I need the variable to be set in both uppercase and lowercase in a single command DATABASE=ORCL something like the below which is absolutly wrong find /ora/admin/11.1.0/diag/rdbms/{print tolower($0)}${DATABASE}/{print toupper($0)}${DATABASE} The o/p should be as below:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarification on Case command

Hi, I'm a newbie to shell programming and have just written a small program to transfer files. # job variables RunMode=$1 export DATETIME=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` export STARTTIME=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` export ShellDir=/rosetlt/scripts/ksh export LogDir=/rosetlt/scripts/log export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in using case sensitive command

Hello All, Please help me with this I need to create a cronjob that should delete all files which are older than 30days with '*.txt' and should not delete files with '*TEST*.txt' either file name TEST is upper or test lower case sensitive here's the script /DIR -type f -name '*.txt'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish_007
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to ignore Case with in COMM command?

Hi, How can i ignore case between 2 files in unix using COMM command. 2 input files are: -bash-4.1$ more x2.txt HELLO hi HI raj -bash-4.1$ more x3.txt hello hi raj COMM command: -bash-4.1$ comm x2.txt x3.txt hello HELLO hi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
3 Replies
doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)				       Lua OO Cairo binding				       doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)

Name
       lua-oocairo-fontopt - options controlling text rendering

Introduction
       A font options object contains options that tell Cairo how to render text on surfaces.  They can be created with the "font_options_create"
       function in the main oocairo module (see lua-oocairo(3)), and retrieved from scaled fonts or context objects with "get_font_options"
       methods.

Font options objects can be compared with the "==" operator.  Two different objects with the same options set will be considered equal.

Methods
       The following methods are available on font options objects:

opt:copy ()
	   Returns a new font options object, with identical options to opt.  The two objects will be completely independent, so you can set them
	   to have different options.

opt:get_antialias ()
	   Get the current antialiasing mode, which will be one of the strings accepted by the "opt:set_antialias()" method.

opt:get_hint_metrics ()
	   Returns the current hint metrics option, which will be one of the same strings accepted by the "opt:set_hint_metrics()" method.

opt:get_hint_style ()
	   Get the kind of font hinting done when rendering text.  Returns one of the strings accepted by the "opt:set_hint_style()" method.

opt:get_subpixel_order ()
	   Returns the current ordering of colour components in pixels used for subpixel rendering, which will be one of the same strings accepted
	   by the "opt:set_subpixel_order()" method.

opt:hash ()
	   Return a number which can be used as a hash key identifying the particular options in opt.  That is, if you wanted to cache fonts
	   according to the options set on them, you could store them in a table with this hash value as the key.  Two font options objects with
	   the same options will have the same hash value.

opt:merge (srcopt)
	   Add any options which are set to a non-default value in srcopt to opt if that still has the default value from them.  The options in
	   srcopt will be unchanged.  Nothing is returned.

opt:set_antialias (antialiastype)
	   Set the antialiasing mode used for drawing.	The argument must be a string or boolean value accepted by the "set_antialias" method on
	   context objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

opt:set_hint_metrics (hintmetrics)
	   Set the kind of hinting to be applied to the metrics, as opposed to outlines, of the glyphs in a font.  The hintmetrics value must be
	   one of the following strings:

off
	   on
       opt:set_hint_style (hintstyle)
	   Set the kind of font hinting done when rendering text.  The hintstyle value must be one of the following strings:

none
	   slight
	   medium
	   full
       opt:set_subpixel_order (order)
	   Used to inform Cairo of the arrangement of colour components in the pixels of a display device like a monitor.  Only applies if
	   subpixel antialiasing is used.  The order value must be one of the following strings:

rgb
	   bgr
	   vrgb
	   vbgr

The last two options refer to vertical arrangements of colours.

1.4								    2011-05-18					       doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)