Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to send contents of a file to email as a message Post 302149750 by ramkrix on Friday 7th of December 2007 07:40:32 AM
Old 12-07-2007
Bug

instead of using the mail command, use mailx.

it should be like this:

mailx -s "Plz find the attachment for the currently Running application" naveed@cap.com < /tmp/new1.txt

I just checked the functionality of this in my unix environment:

echo "Hi hw are you" > /tmp/new1.txt
mailx -s "kshfks" myid@domain.com < /tmp/new1.txt

And I got the mail in my domain

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email message if file size > 0 bytes

I want to create a script that emails a file created by Informix Ace if the file size is > 0. It is a list of exceptions. No exceptions...no message This does not work: THESIZE=`ls -lA /tmp/ds_treo.txt | awk -F' ' '{print $5}'` if then (cat $DSDIR/ds_treo.txt) | mail -s "Treo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poste_d_ordure
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send-file /var/log/message

Hello All i need Shell Script to send /var/log/message or another if he have or grep this file to have some info like PID or value (e.g like NFS mount - stop ) to some body in my System Thanks for Advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sending email(to include contents of text file)

Hello, I was using a shell script for sending contents of a text file(email.report) to different users. I was using the below command in my script to send email... cat email.report | /usr/bin/mailx -s $REQ_SUBJECT -h 5 abc@xyz.com It was working fine all these days but now all of a sudden it... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL

So I was just wondering... Is there a way to send a file directly to the computer..... Ive never gotten the answer and I want to know how, I keep running in to a wall :wall:. Why you may ask, well really for security reasons due to the fact that if this is done via a port I want to make sure to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies
WWW::Topica::Reply(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   WWW::Topica::Reply(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Topica::Index - parse a single Topic mailing list index SYNOPSIS
my $index = WWW::Topic::Index->new($index_html); foreach my $message_id ($index->message_ids) { # the mail has some information and also provides a link to the reply ... my $mail = WWW::Topica::Mail->new($topica->fetch_mail($mess_id), $mess_id); # which has other information (like the un-htmled mail and the email address) ... my $reply = WWW::Topica::Reply->new($topica->fetch_reply($mail->id, $mail->eto), $mail->id, $mail->eto); } print "Next offset is ".$index->next." "; print "Previous offset is ".$index->prev." "; DESCRIPTION
Used to parse a single reply page from Topica.com's mailing list indexes. Reply pages have the body of the email (albeit quoted) and potentially a full email address. METHODS
new <page html> <message id> <eto> Takes the html of the page, the eto and the message-id and parses the html. parse <html> Parse the html to get the subject, email address and body of the email. id Get the message id eto Get the message eto email Get the email address parsed out. subject Get the email subject parsed out. body Get the email body parsed out. AUTHOR
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004, Simon Wistow perl v5.10.1 2006-01-03 WWW::Topica::Reply(3pm)