Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to send contents of a file to email as a message Post 302149748 by varungupta on Friday 7th of December 2007 07:31:13 AM
Old 12-07-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali560045
actually i have a file

#!/bin/ksh

echo " ************************************ " >> perst
echo " The following apps are running currently indicated by their number" >> perst

for i in Archiver1 Cleaner1 Archiver2 Interpolation DBMaint ImportAdapter_CC Extrapolation ZeroConsumptionReport DBSyncListener TnsProvAdapterCheckConfig
do
count=0
count=`ps -aef | grep java | grep $i | wc -l`
echo $i $count >> perst
ps -aef | grep java| grep $i >> /tmp/new1.txt
done
echo " ********************************************** " >> perst
mail -s "Plz find the attachment for the currently Running application" naveed@cap.com < /tmp/new1.txt
Hi,
This Attachment contains the list of all the Applications Running Currently on
mdcaedn03.tu.com

Thanks
Ali Naveed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------can u tell me why i m not getting the content of file new1.txt in my mail
Hey,

Above Boldfaced, shows redirection but whats the command in it ??
it should be ..
mail -s "Plz find the attachment for the currently Running application" naveed@cap.com < cat /tmp/new1.txt

Otherwise use pipe as I gave the example previously..

cat /tmp/new1.txt | mail -s "Plz find the attachment for the currently Running application" naveed@cap.com

Try this one..hope it'll work. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email message if file size > 0 bytes

I want to create a script that emails a file created by Informix Ace if the file size is > 0. It is a list of exceptions. No exceptions...no message This does not work: THESIZE=`ls -lA /tmp/ds_treo.txt | awk -F' ' '{print $5}'` if then (cat $DSDIR/ds_treo.txt) | mail -s "Treo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poste_d_ordure
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send-file /var/log/message

Hello All i need Shell Script to send /var/log/message or another if he have or grep this file to have some info like PID or value (e.g like NFS mount - stop ) to some body in my System Thanks for Advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sending email(to include contents of text file)

Hello, I was using a shell script for sending contents of a text file(email.report) to different users. I was using the below command in my script to send email... cat email.report | /usr/bin/mailx -s $REQ_SUBJECT -h 5 abc@xyz.com It was working fine all these days but now all of a sudden it... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL

So I was just wondering... Is there a way to send a file directly to the computer..... Ive never gotten the answer and I want to know how, I keep running in to a wall :wall:. Why you may ask, well really for security reasons due to the fact that if this is done via a port I want to make sure to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)