Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls - maximum number of files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls - maximum number of files Post 302149719 by karnan on Friday 7th of December 2007 04:44:01 AM
Old 12-07-2007
Question ls - maximum number of files

what is the maximum number ls can list down

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Maximum number of threads per user

Anybody knows how to setup Maximum number of threads per user or some other value on Sun Solaris 8. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of users allowed

How do i determen (what command) the max. number of users allowed Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siza
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximum number of input on solaris

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the maximum amount of input characters is on solaris command line? (standard ksh I think) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcello
1 Replies

4. Programming

maximum number of dots in a domain name

maximum number of dots in a domain name - not a sub-domain name. for example: mydomain.com ------ one dot mydomain.com.au ------ two dots do you know maximum number of dots in a domain name and could you provide a sample? thx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hello20009876
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Maximum Number of threads suuported????

Hi, Anybody knows the maximum number of threads suuported by a process in solaris os. Please reply Thanks in advance :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Agnello
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximum number of arguments

Hi, What is the maximum number of arguments that could be passed to zsh ? To find out that I tried a simple script. And the maximum number of arguments that could be passed turned out to be 23394 #! /bin/zsh arg=1 i=1 subIndex=23000 while do arg=$arg" "$i i=$(($i + 1))... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum number of characters in a line.

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the maximum number of characters that will fit into a single line of a flat file on a unix. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of sed squeezing

Hi all, What is the maximum number of sed squeezing in one shell?? I've surprised with this message when I squeezed 50 sed in the same shell: 253: Identifier too long - maximum length is 18.This is what I've did in my sed query | sed -e "s/ 0 /Default /" | sed -e "s/ 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of data in Python

Hi all, I would like to save my output data in two columns. I tried print(x,y) but have two problems: 1. There are ~10000 values for each x and y, but the intermediates are omitted; 2. I'd like to list data in two columns instead of two arrays (BTW, it's fine as I can format it using other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sxiong
3 Replies
cacheadm(1)							    ShapeTools							       cacheadm(1)

NAME
cacheadm - administer and configure AtFS derived object cache SYNOPSIS
cacheadm [-Amax_cached_per_cacheattr] [-Nmax_cached_per_name] [-Tmax_total_cached] [-q] [-v] directories DESCRIPTION
cacheadm provides control over the size of a derived object cache. You may set the maximum total number (T) of derived files to be stored, the maximum number of derived files per name (N) and the maximum number of derived files with the same name and the same caching attribute (A). Called without any options, cacheadm returns the actual sizes of the derived object caches in the named dirctories. An empty list of directories causes cacheadm to operate on the current directory. The relationship of the three cache size values must always be T >= N >= A. The caching attribute mechanism is described on the af_cache(3) manual page. When calculating your caching sizes you should keep in mind that you may set the total size (T) to any value but your cache will never grow bigger than N*number_of_names. Number_of_names is the number of source object histories in your directories, where derived objects may be compiled from. If you set T to an astronomic value, the cache adapt it's size to the number of source histories automati- cally. In the current implementation, the caching sizes can only be increased. Reduction of the maximum cache size is only possible when the cache is empty. Hence you have to clean your cache (atfsrepair -C (1)) first if you want to shrink its size. OPTIONS
-A max_cached_per_cacheattr Set the maximum number of derived files with the same name and the same caching attribute to be stored. Default is 1. -N max_cached_per_name Set the maximum number of derived files with the same name to be stored. Default is 3. -T max_total_cached Set the total maximum number of derived files to be stored in the derived object cache. Default is 64. -q Quiet operation. Sup- presses any output to stdout. This option does not affect error messages (stderr). -v Output version identification string. SEE ALSO
chgrp(1), chmod(1), atfsrepair(1), af_cache(3) AUTHOR
Andreas.Lampen@cs.tu-berlin.de AtFS-1.71 Thu Jan 13 15:30:55 1994 cacheadm(1)