Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying the data from the select query in a particular format Post 302149715 by sachin.tendulka on Friday 7th of December 2007 04:06:43 AM
Old 12-07-2007
Thats right... I can get the data(Name,Age) from the select query but i need to organize the data in a particular format. Like:

$Jason$30
$Bill$23
$Roshan$25

and save those data into a file. Here my question is that how to organize the data in the above format after getting the data from the query? Pls. do help me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the data retrived by a select query into variables?

Hi Friends, Can u please help mw with the following query . I need to run a database sql statement to select particular fields from a table.I need to store the retrieved filed values into variables so that i can print it in a specific format. But the particular select query retrieves more... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help (Select query)

Dear All, This may sound a simple query but a non technical person like me is not able to do it, So please help me out. I m using Unix... isql I jst wanted to do something like following select * from xyz where ID= xxxxxxxx (8 digit ID) Here if i put single 8 digit ID then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topgear1000cc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data - urgent pls

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data and put in a .csv file using korn shell. Pls help me as its very urgent. Thanks, Hema. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Postgresql Select Query to Variable

How to redirect postgresql select query to a variable using shell scripts? I tried to use psql -c "select ip from servers" db | egrep '+\.+\+\+' | sed 's/^ *\(.*\) *$/\1/' Output: 10.10.10.180 10.10.10.181 It display ip addresses from the databasem, but how could i redirect the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies
BP_MASK_BY_SEARCH(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     BP_MASK_BY_SEARCH(1p)

NAME
mask_by_search - mask sequence(s) based on its alignment results SYNOPSIS
mask_by_search.pl -f blast genomefile blastfile.bls > maskedgenome.fa DESCRIPTION
Mask sequence based on significant alignments of another sequence. You need to provide the report file and the entire sequence data which you want to mask. By default this will assume you have done a TBLASTN (or TFASTY) and try and mask the hit sequence assuming you've provided the sequence file for the hit database. If you would like to do the reverse and mask the query sequence specify the -t/--type query flag. This is going to read in the whole sequence file into memory so for large genomes this may fall over. I'm using DB_File to prevent keeping everything in memory, one solution is to split the genome into pieces (BEFORE you run the DB search though, you want to use the exact file you BLASTed with as input to this program). Below the double dash (--) options are of the form --format=fasta or --format fasta or you can just say -f fasta By -f/--format I mean either are acceptable options. The =s or =n or =c specify these arguments expect a 'string' Options: -f/--format=s Search report format (fasta,blast,axt,hmmer,etc) -sf/--sformat=s Sequence format (fasta,genbank,embl,swissprot) --hardmask (booelean) Hard mask the sequence with the maskchar [default is lowercase mask] --maskchar=c Character to mask with [default is N], change to 'X' for protein sequences -e/--evalue=n Evalue cutoff for HSPs and Hits, only mask sequence if alignment has specified evalue or better -o/--out/ --outfile=file Output file to save the masked sequence to. -t/--type=s Alignment seq type you want to mask, the 'hit' or the 'query' sequence. [default is 'hit'] --minlen=n Minimum length of an HSP for it to be used in masking [default 0] -h/--help See this help information AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Jason Stajich, jason-at-bioperl-dot-org. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_MASK_BY_SEARCH(1p)