Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Parameter...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Parameter... Post 302149687 by Yogesh Sawant on Friday 7th of December 2007 12:53:31 AM
Old 12-07-2007
is this what you are trying to do?
Code:
grep $UID /etc/passwd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell parameter existence

Hello You know how to ask for the existence of one parameter and depending about it then do something, example: Original script: ################### USER=$1 PASS=$2 program1 $USER $PASS ################### Desired shell ################### USER=$1 PASS=$2 ARCH=$3 if then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osymad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter file for a shell script

Hi I was able to pass parameters to a shell script from the command line but now, I am trying to make the shell script to get those parameters/values from a file. Please give me ideas how to do this or if you have an example or website that shows how to do this. I tried searches but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script with input parameter

Can anyone help me how to write a shell script which accepts input parameter. My requirement is as follows: I need to run a shell script with a input parameter, and inside the script i will create a file with this input parameter name. Please help me out to create such a shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing parameter in shell script

I have a script file as below named test1.sh sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$1/g' template1.asp > template1.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$2/g' template2.asp > template2.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$3/g' template3.asp > template3.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$4/g' template4.asp > template4.txt I want to replace $1 with a,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter value change in shell script

How can i chnage the parameter value in shell script. file name is icare_mmi_cls.com, inside that the parameter name is 10.100.1.2" replace the address to bep-sftp.cce.com. can you please provide me with examples. Thanks Double post - check your PMs and follow the rules, thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: damodarreddys
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Parameter

Hi I have two shell script, the second script takes as a parameter the output variable of the first script, please how to retrieve the variable from the first script to pass as a parameter to the second script? Script1.sh i=0 i=$(($i + 1)) Script2.sh echo $1 Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

8. Fedora

Shell parameter definition

Hi Folks, I have a script called program.sh which was written by someone. I am supposed to edit it for my necessities. There is a line in the script that is as follows if ]; then echo -e "Option limit should be positive number and less than 1. Program aborts!" exit 1 ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a command shell parameter to another shell

Good afternoon, i need your help pls I want to write a new script that start running as soon as a previus one finish via Autosys (it should be implemented via Autosys too to validate the exsitance and the successful transfered file to a remote server Whenever the file arrives to the path... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Parameter with Shell request

How can I get Parameters with Shell Request. I mean so but not work: PHP: error_reporting(E_ALL); $hallo ="Hallo Welt"; print_r(shell_exec("sh client.sh $hallo")); Shell: echo $hallo echo ceck (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)