Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sscanf !!
Top Forums Programming sscanf !! Post 302149647 by the_learner on Thursday 6th of December 2007 07:50:15 PM
Old 12-06-2007
Proter ! thats just awesome man... Thanks !!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

help with sscanf()!

Hi everybody, i need help with this function, i'm programming in CGI with C and i can't make this work. QUERY_STRING is something like: user=MYUSER&pass=MYPASS So, what i want is to store the strings containing the username and the password into str1 and str2 respetively, here's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

3. Programming

help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float. int main(void) { char A = ""; strcat(A, " hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

4. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

5. Programming

using sscanf

How can I separetely extract the string and int after "dribble" ? (sscanf must limit TEXT to 9 chars to avoid buffer overflows.) How come this code does not work with "dribbletext08" but does with "dribbletext05" ? int main(void) { char TEXT = ""; int NUMBER = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
2 Replies

6. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

7. Programming

Format specifier for sscanf() in C

Hello, I have formatted lines delimited by colon ":", and I need to parse the line into two parts with sscanf() with format specifiers. infile.txt: Sample Name: sample1 SNPs : 91 MNPs : 1 Insertions : 5 Deletions ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
13 Replies
MatchEditor(3I) 					    InterViews Reference Manual 					   MatchEditor(3I)

NAME
MatchEditor - StringEditor with pattern matching SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/matcheditor.h> DESCRIPTION
MatchEditor is a StringEditor subclass that checks the validity of its contents against a specified pattern. It is suitable for entering strings that must conform to a particular format such as a number or a file name. The matching pattern is specified according to the rules of scanf(3). For example, a pattern of "%3d" will match a 3-digit integer, a pattern of "%[ab]" will match a string containing only a's and b's, and a pattern of "(%f, %f)" will match the string "(12.0, 5E23)". PUBLIC OPERATIONS
MatchEditor(ButtonState*, const char* sample, const char* done) Create a new MatchEditor object. The ButtonState, sample string, and termination string are passed to the StringEditor constructor. void Match(const char* pattern, boolean keystroke = true) Specify the pattern to match against. When MatchEditor performs matching, it will highlight any trailing part of the edit string that does not conform to pattern. The user can then correct the string. If keystroke is true, matching will occur on every key- stroke; otherwise matching will only occur on the completion of the edit. The initial pattern matches any string, and the initial value of keystroke is true. RESTRICTIONS
MatchEditor uses sscanf internally to check the pattern match. Different versions of sscanf have different scanning capabilities; check with your local version to see what patterns you can use. SEE ALSO
StringEditor(3I) InterViews 7 Dec 1989 MatchEditor(3I)