Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting direction symbol in a variable as part of the command Post 302149633 by Perderabo on Thursday 6th of December 2007 06:02:01 PM
Old 12-06-2007
eval is the key to getting this work and I do not understand your objection. You can ignore the return code if you want. Or you can test it if you want. This is the way any command works.

Code:
$ eval true
$ echo $?
$ eval false
$ echo $?
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: A part of variable A's name is inside of variable B, how to update A?

This is what I tried: vara=${varb}_count (( vara += 1 )) Thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa3be
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set specific part in command output into variable

I am trying unsuccessfully to set into a variable a specific part of command output: The command output will be as: line 1: <varied> line 2: 2 options: option 1: Set view: ** NONE ** or option 2: Set view: <different_name_of_views_always_without_spaces> and I would like to get into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: orit
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy part of a variable

Hi, i was using a input file to get the last line of the file.But now i have stored the values from the file to a variable and want the last line from the variable . Slightly confused on how to extract that data from the variable. previous code, cat input.txt <TIME>00:15:48</TIME>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable of Content From Part of Other File

I may not being doing this description justice, but I'll give it a try. I created a mailx script; there will be several messages using the same script where the only difference is the content. So I figured I'd make the content of the message a variable retrieved from a separate file. I have five... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
5 Replies

5. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How read the part of the string into a variable?

Hi, I'm using bash and brand new to shell script. I would like to do the following. I have a string which is "UPDATE=1.0". I would like to read the value "1.0" alone in a variable. i.e the things afer "=" How do I do that? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptfriend
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command to replace path part of variable

I'm trying to replace path which is part of variable inside script file: FROM: ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.0 TO: ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.5 I'm using this: perl -pi -e 's\ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.0\ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.5\g' /apps/scripts/test.sh This command is not working because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the part of a line as a variable?

Hello Friends, I need a command (or script line) that allows me to use of a part of line (given by me) as a variable. Let us assume the name of the command is MYCMD. When I type MYCMD fish://mfong@vhl.gov.nd/homefolder/hhk/ADS/ it must do the following job cd /homefolder/hhk/ADS/ ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String variable as part of expression in find command

Hi, I am new in scripting, and I am currently working on a script that will look for other files in a certain directory and exclude some file type. this works fine:Find_File2Exclude=`find ${paths} -maxdepth 1 -type f \( ! -iname '*.out' ! -iname '*.auc' ! -iname '*.cps' ! -iname '*.log' ! -iname... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedd05
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dollar symbol in Shell Script Variable

Hi, I am working on PGP encryption. I am getting public keys from some file. One of the key has dollar sign in it "$" Example: "abc$123" echo 'passphrase='$passphrase --> Giving correct value abc$123 But if I use $passphrase in PGP command getting Invalid passphrase error. If I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreehari
10 Replies
FEGETROUND(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     FEGETROUND(3)

NAME
fegetround, fesetround -- functions providing access to the floating-point rounding mode. SYNOPSIS
#include <fenv.h> #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int fegetround(void); int fesetround(int round); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide control of floating-point rounding direction modes. The fegetround() function gets the current rounding direction. It returns the value of the rounding direction macro representing the current rounding direction, or a negative value if either there is no corresponding macro or if the rounding direction is not determinable. The fesetround() function sets the rounding direction to be that specified by the argument round. If the argument is not equal to the value of one of the rounding direction macros, the rounding direction is not changed. It returns zero if and only if the requested rounding direc- tion was established. SEE ALSO
fenv(3), feclearexcept(3), fegetenv(3), fegetexceptflag(3), feholdexcept(3), fesetenv(3), feraiseexcept(3), fesetexceptflag(3), feraiseexcept(3), feupdateenv(3) STANDARDS
These functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:TC3. BSD
May 9, 2011 BSD