Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: insert header row into .xls
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insert header row into .xls Post 302149629 by Tish on Thursday 6th of December 2007 05:47:46 PM
Old 12-06-2007
I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying. Sure you guessed I am new to Unix.
Your previous suggestion : cat header-row data-rows >final_file
not sure I understand how I can use this.

Tish

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable Insert data from .dat file to .xls can anybody help me

Hi All, I am new to unix Shell scripting Actually i need to write a shell script to insert data from a dat file to ms-Excel file The data in the dat file will be like this Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 and and Col5 I a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kreddy2003
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data befor some field in a row of data depending up on values in row

Hi I need to do some thing like "find and insert before that " in a file which contains many records. This will be clear with the following example. The original data record should be some thing like this 60119827 RTMS_LOCATION_CDR INSTANT_POSITION_QUERY 1236574686123083rtmssrv7 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Header Name

Can anyone help. I have sql to CSV showing header with ALIAS names but I want to generate CSV file with user friendly name i.e from AIAN8 to Adress Book Number etc. SELECT AIAN8 || , || F0101.ABALPH || , || AICO || showing following below in CSV output intead of above Address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split header row into one column

So, I have a massive file with thousands of columns I want a list of the headers in one column in another file. So I need to strip off the top line (can use head-1) But how can I convert from this format: A B C D E F G to A B C D E F G (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array with row header

Here is the csv file file i have: ServerName, IPAddress, Gateway, Notes ServerA, 192.168.1.100, 192.168.1.1, This is some server ServerB, 192.168.1.110, 192.168.1.1, This is some other server ServerC, 192.168.1.120, 192.168.1.1, This is some other other server I would like to have the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display the header of a matched row in a file?

Hi, So I am trying to print the first row(header) first column alongwith the matched value. But I am not sure how do I print the same, by matching a pattern located in the file eg File contents Name Place Jim NY Jill NJ Cathy CA Sam TX Daniel FL And what I want is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

At text to field 1 of header row using awk

I am just trying to insert the word "Index" using awk. The below is close but seems to add the word at the end and I can not get the syntax correct to add from the beginning. Thank you :). awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' '{ $-1=$-1 OFS "Index"}$1=$1' file current output Chr Start End ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert header with underline?

How to insert header with underline AM able to insert only header not underline sed '1i NAME COUNTRY' test.txt input file UK 1234 USA 2354 AUS 2253 IND 4256 Output file NAME COUNTRY_CODE ---- ------------ UK 1234 USA 2354 AUS 2253 IND 4256 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
5 Replies
funtablerowget(3)						SAORD Documentation						 funtablerowget(3)

NAME
FunTableRowGet - get Funtools rows SYNOPSIS
#include <funtools.h> void *FunTableRowGet(Fun fun, void *rows, int maxrow, char *plist, int *nrow) DESCRIPTION
The FunTableRowGet() routine retrieves rows from a Funtools binary table or raw event file, and places the values of columns selected by FunColumnSelect() into an array of user structs. Selected column values are automatically converted to the specified user data type (and to native data format) as necessary. The first argument is the Fun handle associated with this row data. The second rows argument is the array of user structs into which the selected columns will be stored. If NULL is passed, the routine will automatically allocate space for this array. (This includes proper allocation of pointers within each struct, if the "@" pointer type is used in the selection of columns. Note that if you pass NULL in the second argument, you should free this space using the standard free() system call when you are finished with the array of rows.) The third maxrow argument specifies the maximum number of rows to be returned. Thus, if rows is allocated by the user, it should be at least of size maxrow*sizeof(evstruct). The fourth plist argument is a param list string. Currently, the keyword/value pair "mask=transparent" is supported in the plist argument. If this string is passed in the call's plist argument, then all rows are passed back to the user (instead of just rows passing the filter). This is only useful when FunColumnSelect() also is used to specify "$region" as a column to return for each row. In such a case, rows found within a region have a returned region value greater than 0 (corresponding to the region id of the region in which they are located), rows passing the filter but not in a region have region value of -1, and rows not passing any filter have region value of 0. Thus, using "mask=transparent" and the returned region value, a program can process all rows and decide on an action based on whether a given row passed the filter or not. The final argument is a pointer to an int variable that will return the actual number of rows returned. The routine returns a pointer to the array of stored rows, or NULL if there was an error. (This pointer will be the same as the second argument, if the latter is non-NULL). /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf+i; /* rearrange some values. etc. */ ev->energy = (ev->pi+ev->pha)/2.0; ev->pha = -ev->pha; ev->pi = -ev->pi; } /* write out this batch of rows */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } As shown above, successive calls to FunTableRowGet() will return the next set of rows from the input file until all rows have been read, i.e., the routine behaves like sequential Unix I/O calls such as fread(). See evmerge example code for a more complete example. Note that FunTableRowGet() also can be called as FunEventsGet(), for backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funtablerowget(3)