Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Software installation help
Operating Systems Solaris Software installation help Post 302149549 by netstat on Thursday 6th of December 2007 01:40:35 PM
Old 12-06-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
2.5.1 !! That's bleeding edge technology Smilie
There are several commands depending of what settings you are looking for.
Start with:
ifconfig
ndd
route
/etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/defaultrouter

gunzip nav*.gz
tar xf nav*.tar
i think the /etc/resolv.conf will fix my issues (all seemed to be dns related)

and on the other, i am pretty sure this machine said something along the lines of "gunzip not recognised"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software installation

I'm attempting to download gnu common lisp software on mac os x unix and having trouble with the ./configure command. It gives an error of: Unable to guess machine type use configure --enable-machine=XXX, for XXX such that h/XXX.defs exists, ie in h/386-bsd.defs h/FreeBSD.defs h/NeXT.defs.... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xaosai
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Software Installation

Hi All, I am new to Solaris Platform . I would like to know whether the machine on which I am working has Oracle9 installed on it or no? How do I proceed? Regards SONAL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Software Installation Help - Newbie

Let me start off by saying that I am by no means a unix person. I am tasked to install log4cxx on a brand new machine but it looks like we need the apr, apr-utils, libtool, make, autoconf, automake, and gcc packages just to install log4cxx. Our machine came with no c compiler so I couldn't build... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnRodey
6 Replies

4. AIX

Software Installation Problem

HI Everybody, I am a newbie of using AIX, would you mind telling me how to setup JOE and OpenSSH in AIX 5L 5.3. Thanks! Hugo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tknl
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Software installation

Hi, Like Windows XP OS, when we will install a software it will go by default to C drive's Program file directory. So similarly if we will install the software in the Linux OS, where it will go by default ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Software installation on HP-UX system

Hello, I work on an oil rig offshore with limited resources at my disposal at the moment. We have been trying to repair one of our IMS stations, but no one out here is familiar with UNIX and our ABB service rep is spotty at best. The machine is an HP 9000 running HP-UX 10.20. We are trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abollmeyer
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Your suggestion on Forum software installation

Hi all ! I will be very happy if I can get your valuable response, regarding forum software installation. Let me come to topic, In our institute we have planned to launch forum, which will be used by students and scientists, within intranet., I just gone through MyBB, PHPBB3 and fluxBB, which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message while software installation

I got every time the same error leaving directory etc when i install any software. I put up the command and the error below, kindly help me out so i could proceed. csm@csm-HP-Z420:~$ cd Desktop/ csm@csm-HP-Z420:~/Desktop$ csm@csm-HP-Z420:~/Desktop$ cd microtar-0.9.6/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetmanku04
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manual software installation

Hi everyone, As you probably have guessed from the title, I am totally new to the Linux world. I am trying to get a program called Quantum to run. From what I could gather while reading on-line, programs in Linux usually come in packages. It this case however, I only have the archive with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vy4kov
10 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)