Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Prompted for System Password during login Post 302149533 by porter on Thursday 6th of December 2007 12:45:47 PM
Old 12-06-2007
Excellent. Thanks for updating the thread with you problem determination and fix.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a password in the script automatically when prompted?

Hi Friends, We need to create a script which will invoke a command with diffrent parameters. The command invoked needs the password. So how automatically we can enter password in the script to the command? example.: #!/bin/ksh for par in `cat parfile` do # Here is the main command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

changing which password is prompted for in sudoers

Basically I only want particular users to know the root password, but I also want power users to be able to run certain commands with root privileges. All admins for this box will be authenticating initially through winbind (I do have a backdoor account in case winbind goes wonky) I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prompted for password when reverse SSH connecting

Dear Experts, I am writing a batch script to transfer files from server AA to BB without prompting for password. Already, ssh keys have been generated in BB and public key of BB has been stored in AA as part of some other project requirement. So, I thought of reusing this. I can now transfer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
6 Replies
VBRFIX(1)							   User Commands							 VBRFIX(1)

NAME
vbrfix - fix erroneous VBR MP3 files SYNOPSIS
vbrfix -flag1 -flag2 -flagn in.mp3 out.mp3 DESCRIPTION
In an average song there are points that require high quality and points that require low quality (i.e., silence). Instead of having the whole file at 160kbps (CBR - Constant Bit Rate), we can use VBR - Variable Bit rate. This allows us to have say 96Kbps at points not requiring high quality and 192kbps when we need it: resulting in an overall smaller but higher quality MP3. However, the problem is that many MP3 programs estimate the time of a MP3 based on the first bitrate they find and the filesize. With VBR you can get fairly random times; as most songs start with silence you usually get the song length being shown as much longer than it should be. Also when you jump through the file in VBR: 50% through the file is not 50% through the song. A VBR null frame is placed at the beginning of the file to tell the MP3 player information about the song length and indexing through the song. Some poor encoders don't produce this null frame or do so incorrectly - this is what vbrfix attempts to fix. Vbrfix can also fix other problems with MP3s as it deletes all non-MP3 content (other than tags you state you want to keep). It can also help when merging two VBR MP3s together with a merging tool and then needing a newly calculated VBR null frame. -ri1 removeId3v1 Tag -ri2 removeId3v2 Tag -skiplame if a tag was made by LAME don't fix it -always always write a new file even if not VBR -makevbr make it VBR (you need -always also) -log write a log file -lameinfo keep the lame info SEE ALSO
lame (1) VBRFIX Command Line Version May 2010 VBRFIX(1)