Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Moving NIS master to new machine Post 302149363 by dlalonde on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 08:51:02 PM
Old 12-05-2007
Thanks. I did see that and I think I have a plan. I only have one question at the moment...

The plan is to build the new server and once it is ready, I want to rename it to be the same name and IP as the server that I am replacing. Can you think of any issues with that? I'll have to look for files that may have the host name hard set.

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS master / slave problems

Our NIS master server went down. We have since fixed it and brought it back up. However all of are machines still point to the slave server when looking at it with ypwhich. My question is how do i point the servers back to the master. Frank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

how to mount /home on NIS client machine

Hi All, can anyone tell me how to mount NIS user /home/<username> directory on the client machine in Ubuntu. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem while setting NIS master on Solaris 10

Hi All, I get below error while running cd /var/yp /usr/sbin/ypinit -m Error Code - 1 updated netmasks make : warning : target all not remade because of errors current working dir /var/yp *** error code 1 *** make : fatal error : command failed for target 'k' error running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

4. Solaris

NIS master "ypwhich can't communicate with rpcbind"

Hello All, I just tried to create NIS master in my x86 vmware machine. I have followed the steps and created the necessary files and installed via ypinit command. Now the issue is after start the services when provide the ypwhich command showing following error. Please assist. bash-#svcs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error while configuring NIS master

Hello - I have a Solaris machine, which I would like to configure as NIS master. When I run the command /usr/sbin/ypinit -m, I see below output. I am enclosing them in tags. /usr/sbin/ypinit -m In order for NIS to operate sucessfully, we have to construct a list of the NIS servers. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manju--
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

NIS Master and Client problem

I have a NIS Master server and NIS Clients. But when I started the service all the process and files that should be owne by root apper by the owner 0 This is an example 0 1709 1708 0 10:06:10 ? 0:00 /usr/sbin/nfsd 4 0 1710 1709 0 10:06:10 ? 0:00 /usr/sbin/nfsd 4 0 1708 1 0 10:06:10 ? 0:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCSG
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yppasswdd not running on nis master server

Goodmorning i am preparing Nis for my test lab.Running Redhat 5.4 on master and centos for my client.Master server running portmap,ypserv,yppasswdd and client running portmap,ypbind and ypxfrd. ypcat and other yp commands are running fine frm client.But when i try yppasswdd on client to change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out which server is LDAP/NIS master?

I have some scripts where I go and do some LDAP/NIS queries to report on users on Unix servers. What I am trying to figure out is, how do I know which server is the LDAP? The configs have been in place long before I took over so was hoping someone had some insight on how to figure this out. I must... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagamier
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris - Moving off NIS to something better

Mostly Solaris 11 with some 10 and even fewer 8 and 9. At the moment, NIS is used. Looking for a better way and to get rid of NIS. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
13 Replies
TAP::Parser::Result::Plan(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			    TAP::Parser::Result::Plan(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Result::Plan - Plan result token. VERSION
Version 3.26 DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of TAP::Parser::Result. A token of this class will be returned if a plan line is encountered. 1..1 ok 1 - woo hooo! 1..1 is the plan. Gotta have a plan. OVERRIDDEN METHODS
Mainly listed here to shut up the pitiful screams of the pod coverage tests. They keep me awake at night. o "as_string" o "raw" Instance Methods "plan" if ( $result->is_plan ) { print $result->plan; } This is merely a synonym for "as_string". "tests_planned" my $planned = $result->tests_planned; Returns the number of tests planned. For example, a plan of 1..17 will cause this method to return '17'. "directive" my $directive = $plan->directive; If a SKIP directive is included with the plan, this method will return it. 1..0 # SKIP: why bother? "has_skip" if ( $result->has_skip ) { ... } Returns a boolean value indicating whether or not this test has a SKIP directive. "explanation" my $explanation = $plan->explanation; If a SKIP directive was included with the plan, this method will return the explanation, if any. "todo_list" my $todo = $result->todo_list; for ( @$todo ) { ... } perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Parser::Result::Plan(3pm)