Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help for argv argc
Top Forums Programming help for argv argc Post 302149290 by return_user on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 01:41:29 PM
Old 12-05-2007
Hi porter
The header that I am using are
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

could you please explain what do you mean by :
Quote:
K&R main prototype and are using C++ style comments
Could you please give me a suggestion to change it?
also the error for
warning: passing argument 1 of ‘strcmp' makes pointer from integer without a cast
is due to this string compare functions:
if (!strcmp ((argv[i]) , "-type"))
mem_type = argv[i+1];

Any suggestion on that?

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Hi reborg,
Thank you for the reply but I don't think that I have parenthesis problems,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

argv

I have a program which I wish to modify. It used to be run from the command line, but now I wish to change this so it can be used as a function. The program has complex argument processing so I want to pass my paramters to as if it were being called by the OS as a program. I have tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
2 Replies

2. Programming

Using argv argc

I searched on the forums. No advises. I am using a previous source code. I changed the main function main(int argc, char **argv) in a function misc(int argc, char **argv). How do you use the argc and argv parameters? This is how I am calling the function : char param; strcat(param,"wgrib ");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akeson Chihiro
4 Replies

3. Programming

dbx debugger + argv[argc]

Is it possible to use the dbx debugger with the CL options for the executable ? Say you have created a executable called myfunc which can take string arguments at run-time. You run it like this ./myfunc Hello World where Hello and World are the string arguments My question is whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. Programming

Building an argc/argv style structure from a string (char*)

Hello All, First post. I've been struggling with the following: Given a char* string, I need to construct an "int argc, char *argv" style structure. What I'm struggling with most is handling escaped-whitespace and quotes. e.g. the string: char *s = "hello world 'my name is simon'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbarwise
10 Replies

5. Programming

ARGV help in C

Hi, Can somehelp help how to list file in a dir? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
5 Replies

6. Programming

help with C, argv

when i run my program, i have a parameter, that i want to set the value to another string i am using int main(int argc, char **argv) { char my_str=argv; printf("%s",my_str); return 0; } and i get Segmentation fault ran using ./my_prog /usr/share/dict/words hello1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ARGV and ARGC in bash 3 and bash 3.2

Hi Folks, I've prepared a shell script that takes action based on arguments and number of arguments..sample code like: ARGV=("$@") ARGC=("$#") case ${ARGV} in abc) if ; then ...... else printf "\nInvalid number of arguments, please check the inputs and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

argc/ argv in awk

Hi guys, i'm trying to solve this problem. I have to run something like cat file1.txt | awk -f script.awk 10 if i'm in the awk script, how can i take the parameter :10 ??:wall: i try something like : BEGIN{ var=argv } {..} END{..} but obviously is not correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help using argc/argv in assignment

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: First, create a "hello world" program that prints "Hello World". But NOW, instead use argc to verify that a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: miniviking10
9 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)