Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed for writing a script Post 302149278 by marconi on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 12:58:36 PM
Old 12-05-2007
Hey,

I had posted a similar kind of my Query in a thread, 'Korne Shell Problem'. But there has been no response.

This site seems to have a policy of frowning on people who post 'homework'. So, don't expect much help from anyone.

Thanks,
Marconi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help writing a script

Hello everyone. Well, I will get right to the point. I am new to Perl and trying to learn it as much as I can. I have been assigned the task of writing a perl script to extract information from firewall logs. Like I said, I am new to Perl and I am having a tough time because I think what I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing awk script for xml source

Hi, i am not able to get an approach for converting xml file to flat file using awk programming. Can anyone help me out. The input xml is like this: <outer> <field1>one</field1> <field2>two</field2> <field3>three<Error Code=777 Description=12345/></field3> <field4>four</field4> </outer>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_0101bits
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed help in writing a script!

Hi all, I needed help in writing a script for the following question.please help. Non-recursive shell script that accepts any number of arguments and prints them in the Reverse order. (For example, if the script is named rargs, then executing rargs A B C should produce C B A on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in writing a script

when i run a command the output is something like this: #3136 0.872914 01/17/08 22:06:36 #24817 1.231532 01/18/08 05:00:44 #15371 1.291679 01/18/08 03:00:08 #21279 2.130480 01/18/08 04:03:16 #7835 27.892056 01/18/08 00:01:32 i need to check if any one of the second column is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybersandex
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing this script

Here is the script I am trying to write along with my answer I wrote. Please help me understand why it doesn't work. Create an executable script file called "newname" that will perform the followings: 1. Rename a file upon the user's request. If the file exists, prompt the user for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in writing the script

Hi, I have written a script which converts a give hexdecimal value to binary value in perl. But now, the problem is I should read every bit of it ( if its 10101010, i should read the value in each position and if the value in that position is 1 i should print a string and should exit if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashreddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in writing my script

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing script

i need some help in donig some actions on files in a library. i want to get the n last files, and print to the screen their name, date, and how many times a specific string appears in each file.. how can i do this..?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing a menu driven script

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me write a shell script in Linux that backsup/restores data to anywhere I choose but it needs to be menu driven? Thanks, I'm new to Linux/Unix but liking it so far...just hoping to get to grips with the scripts! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicole
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Please help me writing this script

I work on a production server. I have to check one folder named "spool" and delete files under it , which are more than 5 minutes old. I do it manually by writing two commands. touch -t YYMMDDHHMMSS /tmp/timeinfo find /spool ! -newer /tmp/timeinfo -exec rm -rf {} \; I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies
pthread_getschedparam(3T)												 pthread_getschedparam(3T)

NAME
pthread_getschedparam(), pthread_setschedparam() - get or set the scheduling policy and associated parameters SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread The thread whose scheduling policy and associated parameters are to be set/retrieved. policy This parameter either points to the memory location where the scheduling policy of thread is returned (get function) or it specifies the new value of the scheduling policy for thread (set function). param This parameter either points to the memory location where the scheduling parameters of thread are returned (get function) or it specifies the new scheduling parameters for thread (set function). DESCRIPTION
These functions allow the scheduling policy and associated parameters of threads within a multithreaded process to be retrieved and changed. The legal values for the scheduling policy and associated scheduling parameters are defined in changes the scheduling policy and associated scheduling parameters for thread to the policy and the associated parameters provided in pol- icy and param, respectively. On HP-UX, appropriate privileges are required to change the scheduling parameters of a thread. The calling process must have appropriate privileges or be a member of a group having access to successfully call The function retrieves the scheduling policy and associated parameters for thread and stores those values in policy and param, respec- tively. The values returned represent the actual scheduling values, not any temporary values that may be in effect due to priority inheri- tance or priority ceiling features. Notes For the and scheduling policies, only the sched_priority member of the structure is required in the associated scheduling parameters. All other scheduling policies have implementation-defined scheduling policies. Refer to the documentation for rtsched(2) and for further information on implementation-defined scheduling policies. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error number: is not defined and these functions are not supported. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: policy or one of the scheduling parameters in param is invalid. Either the policy or scheduling parameters contain an unsupported value. The caller does not have permission to set either the scheduling policy specified in policy or the scheduling parameters specified in param for thread. No thread could be found corresponding to thread. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: No thread could be found corresponding to thread. The value specified by policy or param is invalid. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_setschedparam(3T), pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(3T), pthread_attr_getschedparam(3T), pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3T), rtsched(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_getschedparam(3T)