Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I want to become a System Administrator Post 302149171 by jagdish.machhi@ on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 06:38:51 AM
Old 12-05-2007
Hi,

SA1 means Solaris Administration part-1...etc.....

If you know Linux from the scratch....then you can easily

understand Solaris administration ......

For more help, please refer following 2-websites:

Solaris 10 System Administrator Collection and

Solaris Advanced System Administrator's Guide, Second Edition:Table of Contents

Regards,
Jagdish

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Test 223: System p Administrator

Please may you help me with specific study packs, redbooks etc that may help me pass this certification. Also can you advise me the best AIX certification course as I am new to AIX, coming from solaris and networking environments. Thanx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
10 Replies

2. Solaris

add administrator user to system

Hello I have a new job and I need change the last user administrator, I dont know if is easier change some things about this user or add my user in the group with every permission, how can I do it. I dont know which is the group. I think is no only useradd en after modify /etc/passwd. Tank... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cata
14 Replies

3. Advertise with Us

Needed: Sr. System Administrator

Composite Software, Inc. is hiring! Sr. System Administrator Location: San Mateo, CA REQ: 10-22 Reports to: IT Manager Job Description Composite Software is hiring a full-time System Administrator. The system administrator will be responsible for installing,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Composite SW
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrator

Hello All, If possible can anybody kindly let me know the good shell scripting book for system Administrator. Thanks & Regards, Vinay.K.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay_ks
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Becoming a system administrator, need some advice.

I've been learning linux and solaris for the past couple months and have been thinking about seeking a systems admin career. Is it worth it to learn solaris? Do many companies really use it or is it a waste of my time? Would learning just linux be a better idea? I see there's more opportunity as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)