Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get Windows machine's IP address from Unix? Post 302149155 by porter on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 05:38:02 AM
Old 12-05-2007
The general consensus is that "last" is best bet.

ifconfig only shows a machines local IP addresses (and remote point-to-point)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup unix files from a windows machine

hello guys , Is there a way to backup unix files from a windows 2003 server i have a tape drive in the unix box but just for extra security what would be the best way to backup unix files . Thanks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify a remote machine as windows or unix

Hi, I have a IP address of the target machine.Is there is any way to find out whether it is a unix box or windows box without logging into it?. Regs Anand (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u449064
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing application on Windows from Unix machine

I have two machines, one running Windows and another one Unix over a network. I want to execute a batch file on the Windows machine using a script running on the Unix machine. I have tried creating a rsa key and transferrring it to the destination machine but it doesn't work. The purpose was to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address of Unix machine

Can any one please tell me how to find the IP address of the Unix machine we are in? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoothukudiking
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Environment on Windows Machine

Hello World,:cool: Is there a Way to create a UNIX enviornment on Windows bases Machine for enchancing my Skills regarding UNIX scripting.:confused: I know a software name VMware but i dont know how to confiure it:rolleyes:. If this is the apporitate tool for UNIX please guide me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning UNIX on a Windows 2000 machine?

What is the best way to learn UNIX, shell, and Perl on a Windows 2000 machine? My place of employment uses Solaris and Perl and I would like to learn some UNIX skills on my home PC. I read about "dual boots", "Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX", and "cygwin". What other free options are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
9 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to practice unix commands on windows 7 machine

Hello, I am pretty new to UNIX and would like to know how i can run unix commands on a windows 7 machine. Basically, I want to practice running commands, created bash/awk/etc. scripts. I've read some things about cygwin, but it doesn't sound like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tester213
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do ftp from UNIX to windows machine?

hi, i am using ftp command to transfer files from unix server to windows server using a web interface. there is a shell script which is called by the web page which executes a ftp command which (ftp) tries to connect to the windows machine and asks for username and password. so in order to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies
BJ(6)								   Games Manual 							     BJ(6)

NAME
bj - the game of black jack SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/bj DESCRIPTION
Bj is a serious attempt at simulating the dealer in the game of black jack (or twenty-one) as might be found in Reno. The following rules apply: The bet is $2 every hand. A player `natural' (black jack) pays $3. A dealer natural loses $2. Both dealer and player naturals is a `push' (no money exchange). If the dealer has an ace up, the player is allowed to make an `insurance' bet against the chance of a dealer natural. If this bet is not taken, play resumes as normal. If the bet is taken, it is a side bet where the player wins $2 if the dealer has a natural and loses $1 if the dealer does not. If the player is dealt two cards of the same value, he is allowed to `double'. He is allowed to play two hands, each with one of these cards. (The bet is doubled also; $2 on each hand.) If a dealt hand has a total of ten or eleven, the player may `double down'. He may double the bet ($2 to $4) and receive exactly one more card on that hand. Under normal play, the player may `hit' (draw a card) as long as his total is not over twenty-one. If the player `busts' (goes over twenty-one), the dealer wins the bet. When the player `stands' (decides not to hit), the dealer hits until he attains a total of seventeen or more. If the dealer busts, the player wins the bet. If both player and dealer stand, the one with the largest total wins. A tie is a push. The machine deals and keeps score. The following questions will be asked at appropriate times. Each question is answered by y followed by a new line for `yes', or just new line for `no'. ? (means, `do you want a hit?') Insurance? Double down? Every time the deck is shuffled, the dealer so states and the `action' (total bet) and `standing' (total won or lost) is printed. To exit, hit the interrupt key (DEL) and the action and standing will be printed. BJ(6)