Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command to list file size
Operating Systems HP-UX command to list file size Post 302149152 by "wolverine" on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 04:43:19 AM
Old 12-05-2007
#du -ks *
it will give you the actual size of the file.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to list Files less than or equal to 2k size

Hi, *.xml files stored on date wise folders. I need to extract *.xml files from all the folders. File size is lessthan or equal to 2K. Please let me know command or some shell program to due this job on linux m/c This is urgent, Thanks in advance - Bache Gowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List File size

Hello all, I have a directory filling up. I need to determine the size of the files in the directory. How do I do that, what command should I run when I am in the directory? Next question, can I expand the partition size? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
10 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total file size of a subset list

Hello! I'm trying to find out the total file size of a subset list in a directory. For example, I do not need to know the total file size of all the files in a directory, but I need to know what the total size is of say, "ls -l *FEB08*" in a directory. Is there any easy way of doing this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list a file size, but not its name?

If I have a file x.txt that is 8 bytes... I want to enter >> x.txt 8 I've played around with ls, and du... and they always list the file name. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ordano
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort by size, then list file in each directory

Hi, I have directories with name like: aaa bbb ccc ... I would like to to see which directories are the largest and then list the files within each. I have success using: du -ks * | sort -rin | head -n 20 which gives me an output like: 120 bbb 27 ccc 3 aaa ... I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChatPerdu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to list our directory size

Is there any command that can list out all the files size including directory in 1 command? `ls` will only give 2048 for a directory, which i'm looking for the actual size. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

List of file name with size

how to get the file name list with size descriptive in hp-ux Required output: permission link user group size(with MB,KB,GB etc) date time name (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to list file size on HPUX?

I used to use ls -l cut to detrmine file size, and google searches didn't come up with anything else but 'stat' which doesn't appear on HPUX. I discovered the humble 'wc -c' which does this job very neatly, and thought I would share it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbochan
7 Replies
PSIGN(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PSIGN(1)

NAME
psign - produce a RADIANCE picture from text. SYNOPSIS
psign [ options ] [ text ] DESCRIPTION
Psign produces a RADIANCE picture of the given text. The output dimensions are determined by the character height, aspect ratio, number of lines and line length. (Also the character size if text squeezing is used.) If no text is given, the standard input is read. -cb r g b Set the background color to r g b The default is white (1 1 1). -cf r g b Set the foreground color to r g b The default is black (0 0 0). -dr Text reads to the right (default). -du Text reads upwards. -dl Text reads to the left (upside down). -dd Text reads downwards. -h cheight Set the character height to cheight. The default is 32 pixels. -a aspect Set the character aspect ratio (height/width) to aspect. The default value is 1.67. -x xsize Set the horizontal image size to xsize. Use with -y option (below) in place of the -h specification to control output image size directly. If the character aspect ratio (-a option, above) is non-zero, then one of the specified x or y output dimensions may be reduced to maintain this ratio. If direction is right (-dr) or left (-dl), then it is not necessary to give the -y option, since it can be computed from the character height (-h). -y ysize Set the vertical image size to ysize. Use with the -x option (described above). If direction is up (-du) or down (-dd), then it is not necessary to give the -x option, since it can be computed from the character height (-h). -s spacing Set the intercharacter spacing to spacing. The magnitude of this value is multiplied by the character height over the aspect ratio (ie. the character width) to compute the desired distance between characters in the output. The sign of the value, posi- tive or negative, determines how this ideal spacing is used in the actual placement of characters. If spacing is positive, then the overall width of the line will not be affected, nor will indentation of textual elements. Thus, the text format will be mostly unaffected. However, spacing between characters will reflect their relative size for a more natural appearance. If spac- ing is negative, characters will be squeezed together to meet the spacing critereon, regardless of how it might affect the format of the output. The default value for spacing is zero, which is interpreted as uniformly spaced characters. -f fontfile Load the font from fontfile. The default font is helvet.fnt EXAMPLE
To put a big "Hi!" on the terminal: psign -h 22 -a 1 -cb 0 0 0 -cf 1 1 1 Hi! | ttyimage ENVIRONMENT
RAYPATH path to search for font files AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
The entire bitmap is stored in memory, which can be a problem for large and/or high-resolution signs. SEE ALSO
getinfo(1), pcompos(1), pfilt(1), ttyimage(1) RADIANCE
10/9/97 PSIGN(1)